Table of Contents
The Washington Nationals (60-69) visit the Miami Marlins (65-64) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. The Nationals are moneyline underdogs (+170) against the favored Marlins (-204). Eury Perez starts for Miami while Washington will counter with Jake Irvin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Marlins vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit the third-fewest home runs in baseball this season (123).
- Miami is seventh in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Marlins rank 21st in MLB with a .314 on-base percentage.
- Miami’s hitters strike out 8.0 times per game, the sixth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Marlins have hit 51 home runs at home this season (0.8 per game).
- Miami is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .407 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .274.
Marlins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Miami OPS (.851) this season. He has a .354 batting average, an on-base percentage of .397, and a slugging percentage of .454.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he is first in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and 56th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with .
- Jorge Soler is hitting .236 with 20 doubles, 33 home runs and 56 walks. He’s slugging .499 with an on-base percentage of .325.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average ranks him 119th, his on-base percentage 87th, and his slugging percentage 21st.
- Josh Bell is batting .244 with a .422 slugging percentage and 60 RBI this year.
- Bryan De La Cruz has 16 home runs, 64 RBI and a batting average of .258 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 29th in Major League Baseball with just 119 home runs as a team.
- Washington’s .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Nationals have an OBP of .319 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- Washington has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 65 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 64 road contests this season.
- Washington is slugging .398 in 64 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .252 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has a team-high OBP (.333) and slugging percentage (.471), and paces the Nationals in hits (144, while batting .284).
- He is 15th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Joey Meneses is batting .280 with 30 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 33 walks. He’s slugging .413 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- He ranks 23rd in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage and 93rd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .262 with 19 doubles, 15 home runs and 28 walks.
- C.J. Abrams is hitting .251 with 22 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 20 walks.
Marlins vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Eury Pérez (MIA)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|5 – 4||W/L||3 – 5|
Marlins vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Marlins: Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Huascar Brazoban: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Johnny Cueto: 15 Day IL (Illness), Matt Barnes: 60 Day IL (Hip), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Jonathan Davis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Nationals: Stone Garrett: 10 Day IL (Leg), Carl Edwards Jr.: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Thad Ward: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Rico Garcia: 15 Day IL (Biceps), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)