Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays (71-59) and the Cleveland Guardians (61-69) square off on Sunday at 1:37 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Blue Jays are favored (-205) to win the matchup against the Guardians (+171). Toronto has Yusei Kikuchi starting things off, and Cleveland will counter with Noah Syndergaard.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, August 27, 2023
- Game Time: 1:37 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: SNET
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 18th in MLB action with 151 total home runs.
- Toronto has the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.257).
- The Blue Jays’ .327 on-base percentage ranks ninth-best in baseball.
- Toronto strikes out 8.1 times per game, the eighth-fewest average in the majors.
- The Blue Jays average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (63 total in home contests).
- Toronto is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .400 at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .251.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 131 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .344. He has a .269 batting average and a slugging percentage of .437.
- Among qualifying batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 49th, his on-base percentage ranks 41st, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Guerrero has recorded at least one hit in seven straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .306 with a double, a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Bo Bichette leads Toronto with 151 hits and an OBP of .344, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .489. He’s batting .314.
- Among all qualifying players, he ranks sixth in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- George Springer is batting .254 with a .398 slugging percentage and 52 RBI this year.
- Springer brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .289 with a .332 OBP and 57 RBI for Toronto this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 98 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland ranks 18th in MLB with a .247 team batting average.
- The Guardians have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- Cleveland has the fewest strikeouts in MLB, fanning only 7.0 times per game on average.
- In 64 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 55 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- Cleveland is slugging .383 in 64 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .251 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up an on-base percentage of .350 and has 133 hits, both team-high numbers for the Guardians. He’s batting .276 and slugging .479.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 30th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 34th and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is slugging .378 to lead his team. He has a batting average of .270 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 46th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 118th in slugging percentage.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .237 with 21 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 28 walks.
- Will Brennan is hitting .257 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 11 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Yusei Kikuchi (TOR)||Pitcher||Noah Syndergaard (CLE)|
|9 – 4||W/L||2 – 6|
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Hagen Danner: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Adam Cimber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Otto Lopez: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Erik Swanson: day-to-day (Back)
- Guardians: Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), David Fry: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Michael Kelly: 15 Day IL (Back), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Will Brennan: day-to-day (Knee)