Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (82-52) will look to keep a four-game win streak going when they visit the Cleveland Guardians (64-70) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Rays are favored (-162) over the Guardians (+136). Tyler Glasnow gets the starting nod for Tampa Bay, and Cal Quantrill is Cleveland’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, September 1, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: Apple TV+
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays are fourth-best in MLB play with 194 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay has the fourth-best batting average in MLB (.261).
- The Rays rank fourth in MLB with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 19 average in the majors.
- The Rays average 1.5 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (101 total in road contests).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 3.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .451 on the road.
- The team is batting .265 with 615 hits (9.3 per game) on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with 144 hits and an OBP of .403, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .506. He’s batting .327.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks fifth, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is 18th in slugging.
- Diaz will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is hitting .263 with 14 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 68 walks, while slugging .438 with an on-base percentage of .374.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 62nd in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Arozarena heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Isaac Paredes leads Tampa Bay with 103 hits. He is batting .256 this season and 47 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Josh Lowe is batting .286 with a .328 OBP and 71 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Lowe takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 103 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- Cleveland is the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 950 as a team.
- In 66 games at home this season, they’ve hit 43 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- Cleveland is slugging .373 in 66 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .243 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has a team-high OBP (.350), and paces the Guardians in hits (137). He’s batting .275 and slugging.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, his batting average places him 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 34th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan’s .379 slugging percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .271 with an on-base percentage of .337.
- His batting average ranks 45th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 55th, and he is 118th in slugging.
- Andres Gimenez has 23 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 29 walks while hitting .232.
- Will Brennan is hitting .258 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 12 walks.
Rays vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Glasnow (TB)||Pitcher||Cal Quantrill (CLE)|
|7 – 4||W/L||2 – 6|
Rays vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Rays: Taylor Walls: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Manuel Margot: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Kevin Kelly: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Shane McClanahan: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Guardians: David Fry: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Josh Naylor: 10 Day IL (Side), Cal Quantrill: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Michael Kelly: 15 Day IL (Back), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Gavin Williams: day-to-day (Knee)