Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays (73-61) will look for Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to continue an 11-game hitting streak when they square off against the Colorado Rockies (49-84) on Friday at 8:40 PM ET at Coors Field. The Blue Jays are favored (-185) over the Rockies (+154). Toronto has Hyun-Jin Ryu set to start, while Colorado counters with Chris Flexen.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Friday, September 1, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: SportsNet RM
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 16th in MLB play with 156 total home runs.
- Toronto ranks sixth in the majors with a .258 batting average.
- The Blue Jays’ .328 on-base percentage is eighth-best in MLB.
- Toronto strikes out 8.1 times per game, the seventh-fewest mark in baseball.
- The Blue Jays have hit 88 homers away from home this season (1.3 per game).
- Toronto has a .426 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 9.3 hits per game and is batting .262.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Guerrero is batting .267 with 26 doubles, 20 home runs and 50 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .340 while slugging .437.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, his batting average ranks 56th, his on-base percentage ranks 45th, and he is 73rd in slugging.
- Guerrero hopes to build on an 11-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .302 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- George Springer is batting .254 with 20 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 48 walks, while slugging .400 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- He is 85th in batting average, 90th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging among qualified batters.
- Whit Merrifield has collected 136 base hits, an OBP of .328 and a slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Merrifield has logged a hit or more in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .221 with a .283 OBP and 50 RBI for Toronto this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 133 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- Colorado has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Rockies have an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- Colorado is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 27th with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 69 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 64 home contests this season.
- Colorado has a team slugging percentage of .439 in home games this season with 221 extra-base hits.
- In 64 home games this season, they have a batting average of .266 while averaging 9.0 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has racked up an on-base percentage of .333 and has 118 hits, both team-high numbers for the Rockies. He’s batting .249 and slugging .457.
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, he is 96th in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage.
- Ezequiel Tovar leads his team with a .423 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .255 with an on-base percentage of .291.
- He is 84th in batting average, 132nd in on-base percentage and 84th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Elias Diaz has 21 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 29 walks while batting .271.
- Charlie Blackmon has 15 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 30 walks while hitting .288.
Blue Jays vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Hyun-Jin Ryu (TOR)||Pitcher||Chris Flexen (COL)|
|3 – 1||W/L||1 – 6|
Blue Jays vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Matt Chapman: 10 Day IL (Finger), Bo Bichette: 10 Day IL (Quadricep), Erik Swanson: 15 Day IL (Spine), Hagen Danner: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Adam Cimber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Otto Lopez: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Chad Green: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Rockies: Kris Bryant: 10 Day IL (Finger), Chase Anderson: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tyler Kinley: 15 Day IL (Elbow), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Gomber: day-to-day (Undisclosed), Brendan Rodgers: day-to-day (Illness)