Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (53-82) and the Detroit Tigers (61-74) meet on Saturday at Guaranteed Rate Field, starting at 7:10 PM ET. The White Sox are moneyline favorites (-112), while the Tigers are -107 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread (1.5) with +149 odds. Chicago’s Mike Clevinger and Detroit’s Reese Olson pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, September 2, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with 149 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .241 batting average ranks 21st in MLB.
- The White Sox rank last in baseball with a .296 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.9 times per game to rank 21st in baseball.
- The White Sox average 1.1 homers per home game this season (72 total at home).
- Chicago is slugging .396 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .246 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with 132 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .560. He’s batting .272 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 43rd in batting average, 90th in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging.
- Robert hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with three doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi leads Chicago in OBP (.338) this season, fueled by 131 hits. He’s batting .274 while slugging .372.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average ranks him 36th, his on-base percentage 49th, and his slugging percentage 127th.
- Benintendi heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .259 with a .430 slugging percentage and 69 RBI this year.
- Vaughn enters this matchup with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .444 with a double, a home run and five RBI.
- Eloy Jimenez is batting .277 with a .322 OBP and 53 RBI for Chicago this season.
- Jimenez heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles and a walk.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 137 home runs.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .233 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .300 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- Detroit ranks 23rd in strikeouts per game (9.1) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 66 road contests this season.
- Detroit has a team slugging percentage of .374 in away games this season with 177 extra-base hits.
- In 66 road games this season, they have a batting average of .225 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has racked up a slugging percentage of .432 and has 114 hits, both team-best numbers for the Tigers. He’s batting .228 and with an on-base percentage of .315.
- He ranks 127th in batting average, 102nd in on-base percentage and 80th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Kerry Carpenter is hitting .283 with 12 doubles, a triple, 20 home runs and 24 walks. He’s slugging .519 with an on-base percentage of .345.
- Riley Greene has 19 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 35 walks while batting .288.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .237 with 18 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 39 walks.
White Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Mike Clevinger (CHW)||Pitcher||Reese Olson (DET)|
|6 – 6||W/L||2 – 6|
White Sox vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- White Sox: Seby Zavala: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)
- Tigers: Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Andrew Vasquez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Riley Greene: day-to-day (Elbow)