Table of Contents
Sportsbooks don’t expect the Los Angeles Angels (64-75), at -150 on the moneyline, to break their five-game losing streak when they play the Baltimore Orioles (87-51), at -150, on Wednesday at 9:38 PM ET. Kyle Gibson takes the mound first for Baltimore, and Patrick Sandoval is Los Angeles’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Angels
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: BSW
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 18th in MLB action with 159 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Baltimore has the ninth-best batting average in the majors (.257).
- The Orioles’ .321 on-base percentage is 17th in MLB.
- Baltimore’s 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 11th in baseball.
- The Orioles average 1.2 homers per road game this season (83 total away from home).
- Baltimore is slugging .424 with 3.4 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averages 9.1 hits per game and is batting .256 away from home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore OPS (.795) this season. He has a .275 batting average, an on-base percentage of .370, and a slugging percentage of .425.
- Among qualifying batters in MLB, his batting average ranks 32nd, his on-base percentage ranks 14th, and he is 87th in slugging.
- Rutschman has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with a double, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Anthony Santander has 127 hits, which is tops among Baltimore batters this season. He’s batting .255 with 61 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .484 with an on-base percentage of .326.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average ranks him 85th, his on-base percentage 83rd, and his slugging percentage 28th.
- Santander brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with two doubles and a walk.
- Gunnar Henderson is batting .254 with a .482 slugging percentage and 70 RBI this year.
- Henderson enters this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .292 with three doubles, a home run and five RBI.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .278 with a .330 OBP and 67 RBI for Baltimore this season.
- Mountcastle brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two walks and two RBI.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 200 homers this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Los Angeles has a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Angels have an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- Los Angeles ranks 25th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 67 games at home this season, they’ve hit 105 homers, an average of 1.6 per contest.
- Los Angeles has a team slugging percentage of .440 in home games this season with 221 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .240 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has totaled 151 hits with a .412 on-base percentage and a .654 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Angels. He’s batting .304.
- Including all qualified players in the majors, he is ninth in batting average, third in on-base percentage and first in slugging percentage.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .262 with 15 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 41 walks. He’s slugging .436 with an on-base percentage of .338.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 71st in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 78th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Drury is hitting .263 with 23 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 21 walks.
- Randal Grichuk is hitting .266 with 22 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
Orioles vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Gibson (BAL)||Pitcher||Patrick Sandoval (LAA)|
|13 – 8||W/L||7 – 11|
Orioles vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Orioles: Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), John Means: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Angels: C.J. Cron: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Trout: 10 Day IL (Hand), Zach Neto: 10 Day IL (Back), José Suarez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ben Joyce: 60 Day IL (Arm), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Jo Adell: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chase Silseth: 7 Day IL (Head), Shohei Ohtani: day-to-day (Oblique)