Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (84-54) visit the Miami Marlins (72-67) at 6:40 PM ET on Thursday in a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Freddie Freeman has a batting average of .338 (second in MLB) for the favored Dodgers (-127), and Luis Arraez ranks first in MLB play hitting .355 this season for the underdog Marlins (+107). Los Angeles’ Ryan Pepiot starts against Miami’s Braxton Garrett.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: LoanDepot park
How Do I Watch the Dodgers vs. the Marlins?
- TV Channel: BSFL
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are second in baseball with 216 home runs. They average 1.6 per game.
- Los Angeles ranks 10th in MLB with a .256 batting average.
- The Dodgers’ .340 on-base percentage ranks second-best in MLB.
- Los Angeles strikes out 8.5 times per game to rank 13th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.5 homers per road game this season (99 total on the road).
- Los Angeles has a .448 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .253 with 592 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles in total hits (161) this season while batting .313 with 75 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .408 and a slugging percentage of .609.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, he is seventh in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and third in slugging.
- Freeman has a slash line of .338/.414/.578 this season and a team-best OPS of .992.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average places him second, his on-base percentage first, and his slugging percentage fifth.
- Max Muncy has collected 82 base hits, an OBP of .330 and a slugging percentage of .479 this season.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 109 hits, an OBP of .363 plus a slugging percentage of .450.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 142 home runs.
- Miami’s .260 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Marlins have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Miami has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the fourth-best strikeout rate (7.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 71 games at home this season, they’ve hit 62 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- Miami is slugging .412 in 71 home games this season.
- In 71 home games this season, they have a batting average of .271 while averaging 9.1 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Arraez has put up a team-high OBP (.398) and slugging percentage (.457). He’s batting .355.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, he is first in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and 55th in slugging percentage.
- Arraez heads into this game on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .366 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz is hitting .258 with 30 doubles, 18 home runs and 37 walks. He’s slugging .424 with an on-base percentage of .307.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average places him 78th, his on-base percentage ranks 117th, and he is 87th in slugging.
- Jake Burger has totaled 100 hits, a team-high for the Marlins.
- Josh Bell is batting .244 with 23 doubles, 20 home runs and 54 walks.
Dodgers vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers
|Ryan Pepiot (LAD)||Pitcher||Braxton Garrett (MIA)|
|2 – 0||W/L||8 – 5|
Dodgers vs. Marlins Injury Updates
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), J.D. Martínez: 10 Day IL (Groin), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Forearm), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Tony Gonsolin: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Austin Barnes: day-to-day (Head)
- Marlins: Avisaíl García: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Jorge Soler: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Sandy Alcantara: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Huascar Brazoban: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Trevor Rogers: 60 Day IL (Forearm ), Matt Barnes: 60 Day IL (Hip), Jonathan Davis: 60 Day IL (Knee), Max Meyer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Bender: 60 Day IL (Elbow)