Table of Contents
Oddsmakers give the Chicago Cubs (76-64) the edge (-192 on the moneyline) to add to their four-game winning streak when they meet the Arizona Diamondbacks (72-68), at +163, on Thursday at 7:40 PM ET. Chicago’s Javier Assad and Arizona’s Ryne Nelson pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Thursday, September 7, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 170 total home runs.
- Chicago has the 12th-ranked batting average in the majors (.254).
- The Cubs’ .330 on-base percentage ranks seventh-best in MLB.
- Chicago strikes out 8.7 times per game to rank 18th in the majors.
- The Cubs have hit 90 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Chicago is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .431 at home.
- The club is batting .261 with 618 hits (8.7 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger leads Chicago in OBP (.365) and total hits (134) this season. He’s batting .321 batting average while slugging .555.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks fifth in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging.
- Bellinger will look for his ninth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .317 with a double, four home runs, two walks and 11 RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has hit nine homers this season while driving in 62 runs. He’s batting .280 this season and slugging .391 with an on-base percentage of .341.
- He is 20th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 116th in slugging in the majors.
- Hoerner brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .273 with a double and a walk.
- Ian Happ is batting .247 with a .422 slugging percentage and 71 RBI this year.
- Jeimer Candelario has been key for Chicago with 123 hits, an OBP of .339 plus a slugging percentage of .481.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks’ 153 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Arizona’s .253 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Diamondbacks have the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.324).
- Arizona has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the fourth-best strikeout rate (7.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 67 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 78 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Arizona is slugging .409 in 67 road games this season.
- In 67 road games this season, they have a batting average of .247 while averaging 8.5 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has racked up an on-base percentage of .364 and has 135 hits, both team-high numbers for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .282 and slugging .524.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average is 17th, his on-base percentage ranks 22nd, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Christian Walker has 137 hits to pace his team. He has a batting average of .273 while slugging .524 with an on-base percentage of .349.
- He is currently 39th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 12th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Ketel Marte has a .481 slugging percentage, which paces the Diamondbacks.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .259 with 31 doubles, two triples, 23 home runs and 30 walks.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Javier Assad (CHC)||Pitcher||Ryne Nelson (ARI)|
|3 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Rib), Michael Fulmer: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Brad Boxberger: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Diamondbacks: Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Dominic Fletcher: 60 Day IL (Finger), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat), Merrill Kelly: day-to-day (Undisclosed), Corbin Carroll: day-to-day (Wrist)