Table of Contents
The Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) meet a fellow AFC South opponent when they visit the Indianapolis Colts (0-0) on Sunday, September 10, 2023 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
The Jaguars put up 357.4 yards per game on offense last season, which ranked them 10th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they ranked 24th, giving up 353.3 yards per contest. The Colts put up 311.6 yards per game offensively last year (27th in NFL), and they surrendered 334 yards per game (15th) on defense.
Jaguars vs. Colts Picks
Splash Inc. users are divided on the Sunday NFL matchup between the Jaguars and the Colts. Currently, 15.8% of users think the Colts will win straight up as underdogs, while 77.9% of users project the Jaguars will cover as 5-point favorites.
Game Info: Jaguars vs. Colts
- Game Day: Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Before you decide to wager on Jacksonville-Indianapolis outing (in which Jacksonville is a 5-point favorite and the over/under has been set at 45.5 points), here are a few betting trends and insights for Sunday’s game.
Game Trends for Jaguars
- The Jaguars covered eight times in 17 games with a spread last season.
- The Jaguars did not cover the spread when favored by 5 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- A total of eight of the Jaguars’ games last season went over the point total.
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- Last year, the Jaguars averaged just 1.3 fewer points per game (23.8) than the Colts surrendered (25.1).
- When the Jaguars put up more than 25.1 points last year, they were 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- When the Colts surrendered less than 23.8 points last season, they had a 4-4 record against the spread and a 3-4-1 record overall.
- The Jaguars collected 23.4 more yards per game (357.4) than the Colts gave up per outing (334) last year.
- In games that the Jaguars piled up over 334 yards last year, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- In games the Colts kept their opponents to fewer than 357.4 yards last season, they had a -7 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last season, the Jaguars ran for just 0.4 more yards (124.5) than the Colts allowed per contest (124.1).
- When the Jaguars ran for over 124.1 yards last year, they compiled a 5-4 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record.
- Last year, the Colts were -6 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to less than 124.5 rushing yards.
- The Jaguars had 21 giveaways last season, while the Colts had 21 takeaways.
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 4,113 PASS YDS / 241.9 YPG / 66.3% / 25 TD / 8 INT / 62 CAR / 291 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Travis Etienne: 220 CAR / 1,125 YDS / 66.2 YPG / 5 TD / 35 REC / 316 YDS / 18.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 84 REC / 1,108 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 8 TD
- Zay Jones: 82 REC / 823 YDS / 51.4 YPG / 5 TD
- Evan Engram: 73 REC / 766 YDS / 45.1 YPG / 4 TD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 184 TKL / 12 TFL / 2 SACK / 5 PD
Game Trends for Colts
- Colts posted a 6-11-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Colts had one win ATS (1-3) as underdogs of 5 points or more last season.
- The Colts had seven of their 17 games hit the over last season.
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts racked up 3.6 fewer points per game (17) than the Jaguars surrendered (20.6) last season.
- The Colts were 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall in games when they recorded over 20.6 points last year.
- When the Jaguars surrendered fewer than 17 points last year, they had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall.
- The Colts collected 311.6 yards per game last year, 41.7 fewer yards than the 353.3 the Jaguars allowed per contest.
- In games that the Colts totaled more than 353.3 yards last season, the team was 2-3 against the spread and 2-2-1 overall.
- The Jaguars had a -1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to fewer than 311.6 yards last season.
- Last season the Colts piled up 109.8 yards per game on the ground, just five fewer yards than the Jaguars allowed per contest (114.8).
- The Colts had a 2-4 ATS record and a 1-4-1 overall record when the team rushed for over 114.8 yards last year.
- Last year, the Jaguars were -4 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 109.8 yards on the ground.
- The Colts turned the ball over seven more times (34 total) than the Jaguars forced turnovers (27) last season.
Best Players for Colts
- Zack Moss: 93 CAR / 456 YDS / 35.1 YPG / 1 TD / 11 REC / 39 YDS / 3 YPG / 0 TD
- Deon Jackson: 68 CAR / 236 YDS / 19.7 YPG / 1 TD / 30 REC / 209 YDS / 17.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 99 REC / 925 YDS / 57.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Alec Pierce: 41 REC / 593 YDS / 37.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Isaiah McKenzie: 42 REC / 423 YDS / 28.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Zaire Franklin: 166 TKL / 12 TFL / 3 SACK / 6 PD