Table of Contents
The New York Mets (64-75) and the Minnesota Twins (73-67) meet on Friday to begin a three-game series, with the first pitch at 8:10 PM ET at Target Field. Kodai Senga gets the starting nod for New York, and Dallas Keuchel is Minnesota’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Twins
- Game Day: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Mets vs. the Twins?
- TV Channel: BSN
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 11th in baseball with 185 total home runs.
- New York has the 24th-ranked batting average in MLB (.238).
- The Mets rank 18th in MLB with a .318 on-base percentage.
- New York strikes out 8.0 times per game, the seventh-best mark in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.2 homers per road game this season (87 total on the road).
- New York is slugging .405 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .245.
Mets Key Batters
- Francisco Lindor has 30 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 55 walks while batting .251. He has an on-base percentage of .332 and a slugging percentage of .466.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 93rd, his on-base percentage ranks 65th, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Lindor hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .273 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 107 hits. He is batting .224 this season and has 59 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .528 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Among qualifying batters, he ranks 128th in batting average, 76th in on-base percentage and 10th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Nimmo leads New York in OBP (.359) this season, fueled by 136 hits.
- Nimmo heads into this game with eight games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 games he is hitting .293 with three doubles, four home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has an OPS of .692, fueled by an OBP of .330 and a team-best slugging percentage of .361 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins’ 199 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- Minnesota ranks 21st in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Twins have an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- Minnesota ranks last in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 10.3 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 102 homers, an average of 1.5 per game, in 69 home contests this season.
- Minnesota has a team slugging percentage of .449 in home games this season with 240 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .250 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa has racked up an on-base percentage of .310, a slugging percentage of .396, and has 111 hits, all club-bests for the Twins (while batting .229).
- Including all qualified players in the big leagues, he ranks 125th in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage and 112th in slugging percentage.
- Max Kepler is hitting .248 with 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 35 walks. He’s slugging .472 with an on-base percentage of .317.
- Donovan Solano is hitting .294 with 25 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 37 walks.
- Willi Castro is batting .247 with 16 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 26 walks.
Mets vs. Twins Probable Pitchers
|Kodai Senga (NYM)||Pitcher||Dallas Keuchel (MIN)|
|10 – 7||W/L||1 – 1|
Mets vs. Twins Injury Updates
- Mets: Starling Marte: 10 Day IL (Migraines), Luis Guillorme: 10 Day IL (Leg), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Finger), Josh Walker: 60 Day IL (Oblique), John Curtiss: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Pectoral), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), DJ Stewart: day-to-day (Back)
- Twins: Michael A. Taylor: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Alex Kirilloff: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Oliver Ortega: 60 Day IL (Back), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jose Miranda: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Canterino: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed)