Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (70-70) will attempt to stop a six-game losing streak when they host the Colorado Rockies (51-88) on Friday at 10:15 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-203) to halt the streak against the Rockies (+170). San Francisco’s Kyle Harrison starts against Colorado’s Ty Blach.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: NBCS-BA
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 21st in MLB play with 149 total home runs.
- San Francisco’s .237 batting average ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Giants rank 23rd in baseball with an on-base percentage of .312.
- San Francisco’s hitters strike out 9.4 times per game, the 27th-most in MLB.
- The Giants average 0.9 homers per home game this season (65 total at home).
- San Francisco has a .380 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .238.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .284 with 22 doubles, 21 home runs and 33 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .351 while slugging .529.
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco with an OBP of .368 this season while batting .251 with 66 walks and 54 runs scored. He’s slugging .405.
- Among all qualifying batters, he is 93rd in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage and 103rd in slugging percentage.
- Wade has picked up a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .150 with a home run and two RBI.
- J.D. Davis is batting .249 with a .410 slugging percentage and 62 RBI this year.
- Davis has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Joc Pederson has 12 home runs, 45 RBI and a batting average of .242 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 135 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Colorado ranks 17th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .309 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Colorado is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 27th with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 72 road contests this season.
- Colorado is slugging .361 in 72 road games this season.
- In 72 road games this season, they have a batting average of .229 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has an on-base percentage of .330 and has 123 hits, both team-best marks for the Rockies. He’s batting .247 and slugging .448.
- He is 101st in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 68th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Ezequiel Tovar is slugging .419 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .254 with an on-base percentage of .291.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 88th, his on-base percentage is 131st, and he is 92nd in slugging.
- Elias Diaz has 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 29 walks while batting .268.
- Charlie Blackmon has 16 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 34 walks while batting .284.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Harrison (SF)||Pitcher||Ty Blach (COL)|
|1 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Giants vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Giants: Michael Conforto: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), Patrick Bailey: 7 Day IL (Concussion)
- Rockies: Kris Bryant: 10 Day IL (Finger), Daniel Bard: 15 Day IL (Forearm), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Gomber: day-to-day (Back)