Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (55-86) will look to Yoan Moncada, who is riding a three-game home run streak, when they take on the Detroit Tigers (64-77). The Tigers are favored (-170) in this outing against the White Sox (+142), which starts at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday at Comerica Park. Detroit’s Tarik Skubal gets the start against Chicago’s Jose Urena.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 25th in MLB play with 142 total home runs.
- Detroit ranks 27th in the majors with a .235 batting average.
- The Tigers rank 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .301.
- Detroit’s 9.1 strikeouts per game rank 24th in the majors.
- The Tigers have hit 64 homers at home this season (0.9 per game).
- Detroit is slugging .376 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .240 with 563 hits (8.0 per game) at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit with 122 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .450. He’s batting .234 with an on-base percentage of .320.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, his batting average ranks 122nd, his on-base percentage ranks 97th, and he is 70th in slugging.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .297 with 13 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 26 walks, while slugging .525 with an on-base percentage of .358.
- Carpenter brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last 10 games he is hitting .350 with a double, a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- Zach McKinstry has collected 97 base hits, an OBP of .302 and a slugging percentage of .355 this season.
- Matt Vierling has 108 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .328.
- Vierling enters this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .270 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit 156 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 21st among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an OBP of just .295 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 18th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 84 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 73 road contests this season.
- In 73 road games this season, it is slugging .392 with 215 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .238 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has 134 hits, a team-best for the White Sox. He’s batting .271 and slugging .558 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 47th, his on-base percentage is 85th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .261 with 26 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 31 walks. He’s slugging .439 with an on-base percentage of .318.
- Including all qualifying players, his batting average places him 74th, his on-base percentage ranks 100th, and he is 76th in slugging.
- Andrew Benintendi has a .333 on-base percentage and a .367 slugging percentage, both team-best marks for the White Sox.
- Eloy Jimenez is batting .271 with 18 doubles, 15 home runs and 26 walks.
Tigers vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Tarik Skubal (DET)||Pitcher||José Ureña (CHW)|
|4 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Tigers vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Tigers: Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Andrew Vasquez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Vierling: day-to-day (Elbow)
- White Sox: Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)