Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (71-70) and the Colorado Rockies (51-89) meet on Saturday at 9:05 PM ET. The Giants are favored on the moneyline (-271) against the underdog Rockies (+222). Logan Webb starts for San Francisco while Colorado will counter with Chase Anderson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: NBCS-BA
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 21st in MLB action with 153 total home runs.
- San Francisco’s .238 batting average ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Giants’ .313 on-base percentage is 22nd in MLB.
- San Francisco’s 9.4 strikeouts per game are the fourth-most in MLB.
- The Giants have hit 69 homers at home this season (one per game).
- San Francisco is slugging .386 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .240 at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has 22 doubles, 22 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .290. He has an on-base percentage of .356 and a slugging percentage of .540.
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco in OBP (.369) this season, fueled by 94 hits. He’s batting .250 while slugging .404.
- His batting average ranks 99th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 15th, and his slugging percentage 107th.
- J.D. Davis leads San Francisco in total hits (110) this season, and 38 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Davis has recorded at least one base hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco in slugging percentage (.412) thanks to 36 extra-base hits.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 137 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Colorado’s .248 batting average ranks 18th in the majors this season.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Colorado is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.5 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 73 road contests this season.
- In 73 road games this season, it is slugging .363 with 188 hits going for extra bases.
- In 73 road games this season, they have a batting average of .230 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has 123 hits with a .330 on-base percentage, leading the Rockies in both statistics. He’s batting .247 and slugging .448.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average places him 103rd, his on-base percentage is 72nd, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Ezequiel Tovar leads his team with a .419 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .255 with an on-base percentage of .292.
- His batting average is 86th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 133rd, and he is 92nd in slugging.
- Elias Diaz is hitting .267 with 22 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 29 walks.
- Charlie Blackmon has 16 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 35 walks while hitting .283.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Logan Webb (SF)||Pitcher||Chase Anderson (COL)|
|9 – 12||W/L||0 – 4|
Giants vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Giants: Michael Conforto: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), Patrick Bailey: 7 Day IL (Concussion), Thairo Estrada: day-to-day (Pink eye), Austin Slater: day-to-day (Dizziness)
- Rockies: Kris Bryant: 10 Day IL (Finger), Daniel Bard: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Austin Gomber: 60 Day IL (Back), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow)