Table of Contents
The New York Mets (64-76) visit the Minnesota Twins (74-67) on Saturday at 2:10 PM ET. The Mets are moneyline underdogs (+125) against the favored Twins (-147). Minnesota has Kenta Maeda set to start, and New York counters with David Peterson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Mets
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Mets?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank sixth-best in MLB play with 200 total home runs.
- Minnesota ranks 21st in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Twins are 16th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .322.
- Minnesota strikes out 10.2 times per game, the worst mark in baseball.
- The Twins average 1.5 homers per home game this season (103 total at home).
- Minnesota is slugging .449 with 3.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .250 with 580 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with 113 hits and an OBP of .313, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .406. He’s batting .232.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 128th in batting average, 108th in on-base percentage, and 105th in slugging.
- Max Kepler has 20 doubles, 21 home runs and 35 walks. He’s batting .248 and slugging .469 with an on-base percentage of .317.
- Donovan Solano is batting .294 with a .416 slugging percentage and 36 RBI this year.
- Solano has logged a hit or more in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .409 with a double, a triple, a home run and six RBI.
- Willi Castro is batting .247 with a .329 OBP and 27 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 11th in Major League Baseball with 185 home runs.
- New York has a team batting average of .238 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Mets have an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- New York is one of the best teams in baseball at making contact this season, ranking eighth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 72 road contests this season.
- New York is slugging .402 in 72 road games this season.
- In 72 road games this season, they have a batting average of .244 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Mets Key Batters
- Francisco Lindor has 31 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 55 walks while hitting .251. He’s slugging .467 with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 96th, his on-base percentage ranks 69th, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Lindor heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Pete Alonso has 108 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .225 while slugging .529 with an on-base percentage of .330.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 130th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 10th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Nimmo a has .356 on-base percentage to lead the Mets.
- Jeff McNeil is slugging .361 to lead his team.
Twins vs. Mets Probable Pitchers
|Kenta Maeda (MIN)||Pitcher||David Peterson (NYM)|
|3 – 7||W/L||3 – 7|
Twins vs. Mets Injury Updates
- Twins: Joey Gallo: 10 Day IL (Foot), Michael A. Taylor: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Jose Miranda: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Oliver Ortega: 60 Day IL (Back), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Canterino: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed)
- Mets: Starling Marte: 10 Day IL (Migraines), Luis Guillorme: 10 Day IL (Leg), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Finger), Josh Walker: 60 Day IL (Oblique), John Curtiss: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Pectoral), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), DJ Stewart: day-to-day (Back)