Table of Contents
Luis Rengifo brings a 14-game hitting streak into the Los Angeles Angels’ (65-77) matchup with the Cleveland Guardians (68-74). The Guardians are the moneyline favorite (-189) in this contest with the Angels (+162), which begins at 9:07 PM ET on Saturday at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Lucas Giolito starts for Cleveland while Los Angeles will counter with Tyler Anderson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Angels
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: BSW
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 106 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB action.
- Cleveland ranks 15th in the majors with a .249 batting average.
- The Guardians are 24th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .311.
- Cleveland strikes out 7.1 times per game to rank second in MLB.
- The Guardians have hit 60 home runs away from home this season (0.9 per game).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .386 on the road.
- The team averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .253 away from home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 144 hits and an OBP of .346 this season. He has a .271 batting average and a slugging percentage of .469.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 48th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Ramirez has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.377) thanks to 42 extra-base hits. He’s batting .274 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- He is 35th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 120th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Kwan takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Josh Naylor has collected 116 base hits, an OBP of .350 and a slugging percentage of .493 this season.
- Naylor brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with three walks and five RBI.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 115 hits, an OBP of .308 plus a slugging percentage of .377.
- Gimenez has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a double and two walks.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 202 homers this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Los Angeles’ .249 batting average ranks 15th in the majors this season.
- The Angels have the 16th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.322).
- Los Angeles ranks 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- In 70 games at home this season, they’ve hit 107 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- Los Angeles is slugging .435 in 70 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .239 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has an on-base percentage of .412, a slugging percentage of .654, and has 151 hits, all club-highs for the Angels (while batting .304).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks ninth in batting average, third in on-base percentage and first in slugging percentage.
- Rengifo is hitting .264 with 15 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 41 walks. He’s slugging .444 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 69th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Drury is hitting .262 with 24 doubles, three triples, 20 home runs and 21 walks.
- Randal Grichuk has 23 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 27 walks while hitting .269.
Guardians vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Lucas Giolito (CLE)||Pitcher||Tyler Anderson (LAA)|
|7 – 12||W/L||5 – 6|
Guardians vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Guardians: Michael Kelly: 15 Day IL (Back), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Angels: Mike Trout: 10 Day IL (Hand), C.J. Cron: 10 Day IL (Back), Zach Neto: 10 Day IL (Back), Jaime Barria: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), José Suarez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ben Joyce: 60 Day IL (Arm), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jo Adell: 60 Day IL (Oblique), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Chase Silseth: 7 Day IL (Head), Luis Rengifo: day-to-day (Biceps), Nolan Schanuel: day-to-day (Shoulder), Mickey Moniak: day-to-day (Back), Shohei Ohtani: day-to-day (Oblique)