Table of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks (75-68) have a 3-0 series lead and will look to sweep the Chicago Cubs (76-67) on Sunday at Wrigley Field. The Cubs are favored (-140) against the underdog Diamondbacks (+118) in the matchup, which starts at 2:20 PM ET. Chicago has Kyle Hendricks starting, and Arizona counters with Brandon Pfaadt.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: MARQ
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 14th in baseball with 170 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .253 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .328 on-base percentage is 10th-best in baseball.
- Chicago’s 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 19th in MLB.
- The Cubs average 1.2 homers per home game this season (90 total at home).
- Chicago has a .423 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .258.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger has 137 hits and an OBP of .362, both of which are tops among Chicago hitters this season. He has a .319 batting average and a slugging percentage of .547.
- He ranks fifth in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging among qualified hitters in the majors.
- Nico Hoerner has hit nine homers this season while driving in 62 runs. He’s batting .282 this season and slugging .392 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- His batting average ranks 19th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 42nd, and his slugging percentage 117th.
- Hoerner has picked up a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double.
- Ian Happ is batting .243 with a .414 slugging percentage and 71 RBI this year.
- Jeimer Candelario has 21 home runs, 69 RBI and a batting average of .254 this season.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 156 home runs.
- Arizona’s .252 batting average ranks 14th in the majors this season.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- Arizona has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the sixth-best strikeout rate (7.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
- In 70 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 81 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 70 road games this season, it is slugging .405 with 212 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .245 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has racked up 141 hits with a .368 on-base percentage and a .523 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Diamondbacks. He’s batting .287.
- Including all qualified players in MLB, he ranks 14th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 12th in slugging percentage.
- Carroll heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two walks and two RBI.
- Christian Walker is hitting .268 with 34 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 56 walks. He’s slugging .513 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 57th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage.
- Ketel Marte has a .482 slugging percentage, which paces the Diamondbacks.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has 31 doubles, two triples, 23 home runs and 30 walks while batting .259.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Hendricks (CHC)||Pitcher||Brandon Pfaadt (ARI)|
|5 – 7||W/L||1 – 8|
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Rib), Michael Fulmer: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Diamondbacks: Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Dominic Fletcher: 60 Day IL (Finger), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat), Ketel Marte: day-to-day (Knee)