Table of Contents
The Washington Nationals (63-78) host the Los Angeles Dodgers (86-54) on Sunday at Nationals Park, starting at 1:35 PM ET. The Nationals are favored on the moneyline (-124), while the Dodgers are -103 underdogs. The Dodgers are the spread favorite (1.5) with +245 odds, despite being the moneyline underdog. Trevor Williams gets the starting nod for Washington, and Clayton Kershaw is Los Angeles’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Nationals vs. Dodgers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Nationals vs. the Dodgers?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit the second-fewest home runs in baseball this season (129).
- Washington is 11th in MLB with a .256 batting average.
- The Nationals rank 20th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- Washington strikes out 7.1 times per game, the fewest Ks in baseball.
- The Nationals average 0.9 homers per home game this season (63 total at home).
- Washington is slugging .401 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .264 with 644 hits (8.8 per game) at home this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in OBP (.334), slugging percentage (.484) and total hits (153) this season. He has a .285 batting average.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 16th in batting average, 61st in on-base percentage, and 30th in slugging.
- Thomas will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with four home runs and eight RBI.
- C.J. Abrams has 22 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 22 walks. He’s batting .247 and slugging .410 with an on-base percentage of .297.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 103rd, his on-base percentage 130th, and his slugging percentage 104th.
- Abrams has picked up a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a triple, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Joey Meneses is batting .276 with a .402 slugging percentage and 77 RBI this year.
- Keibert Ruiz has been key for Washington with 114 hits, an OBP of .312 plus a slugging percentage of .415.
- Ruiz brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a home run and four RBI.
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers have hit 220 homers this season, which ranks second in the league.
- Los Angeles ranks 10th in MLB with a .257 team batting average.
- The Dodgers have an OBP of .342 this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Los Angeles ranks 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.5 home runs per game in their 70 road contests this season.
- Los Angeles is slugging .452 in 70 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.0 base hits per game and batting .256 on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Mookie Betts has racked up 162 hits, a team-high for the Dodgers. He’s batting .314 and slugging .609 with an on-base percentage of .411.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks seventh in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Freddie Freeman paces his team with a .417 OBP, and has a club-high .580 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .340.
- He ranks second in batting average, first in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Max Muncy is batting .207 with 15 doubles, 33 home runs and 74 walks.
- Will Smith has 20 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 59 walks while batting .272.
Nationals vs. Dodgers Probable Pitchers
|Trevor Williams (WSH)||Pitcher||Clayton Kershaw (LAD)|
|6 – 9||W/L||12 – 4|
Nationals vs. Dodgers Injury Updates
- Nationals: Riley Adams: 10 Day IL (Wrist), MacKenzie Gore: 15 Day IL (Finger), Thad Ward: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Carl Edwards Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stone Garrett: 60 Day IL (Leg), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Dodgers: Jonny Deluca: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Yency Almonte: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joe Kelly: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Michael Grove: 15 Day IL (Lat), Tony Gonsolin: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Dustin May: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jake Marisnick: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Daniel Hudson: 60 Day IL (Knee), Tyler Cyr: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jimmy Nelson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Walker Buehler: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Álex Reyes: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), J.P. Feyereisen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Blake Treinen: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Gavin Lux: 60 Day IL (Knee), Mookie Betts: day-to-day (Foot)