Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (66-77) host the Cincinnati Reds (74-71) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Tigers are moneyline underdogs (-102) against the favored Reds (-118). Cincinnati’s Lyon Richardson and Detroit’s Matt Manning will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the Tigers?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 15th in MLB action with 169 total home runs.
- Cincinnati’s .249 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Reds are 11th in baseball with a .326 on-base percentage.
- Cincinnati strikes out 9.2 times per game, the fourth-worst average in the majors.
- The Reds average 1.0 home runs per road game this season (69 total away from home).
- Cincinnati is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .405 away from home.
- The club is batting .252 with 615 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has 140 hits and an OBP of .358 to go with a slugging percentage of .452. All three of those stats lead Cincinnati hitters this season. He has a .269 batting average, as well.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 54th in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage, and 60th in slugging.
- TJ Friedl is batting .271 with 20 doubles, seven triples, 13 home runs and 36 walks, while slugging .440 with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Among qualified hitters, his batting average places him 46th, his on-base percentage 47th, and his slugging percentage 75th.
- Friedl has picked up a hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two triples, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe has 115 hits this season and has a slash line of .239/.302/.428.
- Jonathan India has been key for Cincinnati with 100 hits, an OBP of .337 plus a slugging percentage of .416.
- India brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 143 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- Detroit has a team batting average of just .235 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .302.
- Detroit ranks 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.1 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 72 home contests this season.
- In 72 home games this season, it is slugging .375 with 184 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .240 as a team at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has racked up a slugging percentage of .451 and has 125 hits, both team-high numbers for the Tigers. He’s batting .236 and with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 121st in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 95th and he is 64th in slugging.
- Kerry Carpenter has 13 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .293. He’s slugging .516 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .237 with 19 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 41 walks.
- Matt Vierling’s .331 OBP leads his team.
Reds vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers
|Lyon Richardson (CIN)||Pitcher||Matt Manning (DET)|
|0 – 0||W/L||5 – 4|
Reds vs. Tigers Injury Updates
- Reds: Ben Lively: 10 Day IL (Covid-19), Matt McLain: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Graham Ashcraft: 15 Day IL (Toe), Brandon Williamson: 15 Day IL (Covid), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Alex Young: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Stuart Fairchild: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Noelvi Marte: day-to-day (Face)
- Tigers: Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Andrew Vasquez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Miguel Cabrera: day-to-day (Knee)