Table of Contents
Bryan Reynolds brings an 11-game hitting streak into the Pittsburgh Pirates’ (66-77) matchup against the Washington Nationals (64-79) and Jacob Young, who has also hit safely in 11 consecutive games. The Pirates are favored (-125) for this matchup against the Nationals (+105), which starts at 6:35 PM ET on Monday at PNC Park. Pittsburgh has not named a starter while Washington is projected to start Patrick Corbin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Monday, September 11, 2023
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
How Do I Watch the Pirates vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates are fourth-worst in MLB action with 140 home runs.
- Pittsburgh has the fourth-worst batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Pirates’ .312 on-base percentage ranks 23rd in baseball.
- Pittsburgh strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 20th in baseball.
- The Pirates average 0.8 homers per game when playing at home this season (60 total in home contests).
- Pittsburgh is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .385 in home contests.
- The team is batting .243 with 561 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Reynolds has 137 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .469, both of which are tops among Pittsburgh hitters this season. He has a .270 batting average and an on-base percentage of .329.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, he ranks 49th in batting average, 73rd in on-base percentage, and 45th in slugging.
- Reynolds has recorded a base hit in 11 straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .359 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 24 doubles, seven triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks. He’s batting .267 and slugging .448 with an on-base percentage of .308.
- He ranks 62nd in batting average, 117th in on-base percentage and 67th in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Hayes brings a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .244 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Jack Suwinski is batting .210 with a .452 slugging percentage and 63 RBI this year.
- Suwinski takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Connor Joe has been key for Pittsburgh with 86 hits, an OBP of .333 plus a slugging percentage of .417.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 130 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- Washington has a team batting average of .256 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- No team has fewer strikeouts this season than Washington, which has struck out only 7.1 times per game on average.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 69 road contests this season.
- Washington is slugging .389 in 69 road games this season.
- In 69 road games this season, they have a batting average of .247 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has accumulated a team-best OBP (.331) and slugging percentage (.484), and leads the Nationals in hits (154, while batting .282).
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, his batting average ranks 18th, his on-base percentage ranks 69th, and he is 28th in slugging.
- C.J. Abrams is hitting .250 with 22 doubles, five triples, 16 home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .415 with an on-base percentage of .303.
- Including all qualified players, he ranks 101st in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 98th in slugging percentage.
- Joey Meneses is batting .276 with 32 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 34 walks.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .257 with 19 doubles, 17 home runs and 30 walks.
Pirates vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|(PIT)||Pitcher||Patrick Corbin (WSH)|
|–||W/L||9 – 13|
Pirates vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Pirates: Andrew McCutchen: 10 Day IL (Achilles), Henry Davis: 10 Day IL (Hand), Vince Velásquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Perdomo: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tucupita Marcano: 60 Day IL (Knee), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Nationals: Riley Adams: 10 Day IL (Wrist), MacKenzie Gore: 15 Day IL (Finger), Thad Ward: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Carl Edwards Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stone Garrett: 60 Day IL (Leg), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), C.J. Abrams: day-to-day (Knee)