Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (74-70) take a four-game winning streak into a home contest against the Cleveland Guardians (68-77) on Tuesday at 9:45 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-158) over the Guardians (+134). San Francisco’s Sean Manaea starts against Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
How Do I Watch the Giants vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with 158 total home runs.
- San Francisco is 23rd in MLB with a .240 batting average.
- The Giants rank 21st in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- San Francisco strikes out 9.3 times per game, the fourth-worst average in baseball.
- The Giants have hit 74 homers at home this season (one per game).
- San Francisco is slugging .393 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .244 with 581 hits (eight per game) at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .287 with 22 doubles, 22 home runs and 34 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .351 while slugging .529.
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco with an OBP of .374 this season while batting .258 with 68 walks and 57 runs scored. He’s slugging .407.
- He is 81st in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 105th in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Wade has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .438 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco with 116 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .426.
- Estrada takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .261 with a triple, two home runs and four RBI.
- J.D. Davis is batting .251 with a .326 OBP and 65 RBI for San Francisco this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians’ 110 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- Cleveland ranks 16th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .310 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Cleveland has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 64 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 73 road contests this season.
- Cleveland has a team slugging percentage of .385 in away games this season with 202 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .251 with 8.8 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 148 hits with a .349 on-base percentage, leading the Guardians in both categories. He’s batting .273 and slugging .472.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average puts him 37th, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 44th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan’s .375 slugging percentage paces his team. He has a batting average of .272 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- Including all qualified hitters, his batting average puts him 42nd, his on-base percentage is 45th, and he is 124th in slugging.
- Josh Naylor is batting .310 with 27 doubles, 17 home runs and 27 walks.
- Andres Gimenez has 25 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .240.
Giants vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Sean Manaea (SF)||Pitcher||Cal Quantrill (CLE)|
|5 – 5||W/L||2 – 6|
Giants vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Giants: Michael Conforto: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Ross Stripling: 15 Day IL (Back), Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), Patrick Bailey: 7 Day IL (Concussion)
- Guardians: Michael Kelly: 15 Day IL (Back), Shane Bieber: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow)