Table of Contents
The Colorado Rockies (51-92) bring a five-game losing streak into a contest against the Chicago Cubs (78-67) on Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-184) to give the underdog Rockies (+155) another loss. Javier Assad gets the starting nod for Chicago, and Chris Flexen is Colorado’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
How Do I Watch the Cubs vs. the Rockies?
- TV Channel: SportsNet RM
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 14th in baseball with 174 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .254 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Cubs are ninth in baseball with a .328 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.6 times per game, the No. 17 average in MLB.
- The Cubs average 1.2 homers per game when playing on the road this season (81 total in road outings).
- Chicago is slugging .410 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .249 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Cody Bellinger leads Chicago in OBP (.360) and total hits (139) this season. He’s batting .317 batting average while slugging .550.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, his batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 26th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Bellinger will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has hit nine homers this season while driving in 62 runs. He’s batting .281 this season and slugging .390 with an on-base percentage of .340.
- His batting average is 20th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 45th, and his slugging percentage 116th.
- Hoerner takes a seven-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last 10 games he is batting .286 with two doubles and a walk.
- Ian Happ is batting .240 with a .408 slugging percentage and 71 RBI this year.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .253 with a .338 OBP and 69 RBI for Chicago this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 137 home runs rank 28th in MLB this season.
- Colorado has a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Rockies have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.308).
- Colorado ranks 28th in strikeouts per game (9.5) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 68 home contests this season.
- In 68 home games this season, it is slugging .439 with 238 hits going for extra bases.
- In 68 home games this season, they have a batting average of .267 while averaging 9.1 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- Ryan McMahon has accumulated 124 hits with a .326 on-base percentage, leading the Rockies in both categories. He’s batting .244 and slugging .442.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, he is 108th in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage.
- Ezequiel Tovar is slugging .409 to pace his team. He has a batting average of .250 with an on-base percentage of .285.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 100th in batting average, 137th in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging percentage.
- Elias Diaz is hitting .268 with 23 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 30 walks.
- Charlie Blackmon has 17 doubles, four triples, seven home runs and 35 walks while hitting .279.
Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers
|Javier Assad (CHC)||Pitcher||Chris Flexen (COL)|
|3 – 3||W/L||1 – 7|
Cubs vs. Rockies Injury Updates
- Cubs: Marcus Stroman: 15 Day IL (Rib), Adbert Alzolay: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Brandon Hughes: 60 Day IL (Knee), Nick Burdi: 60 Day IL (Appendicitis), Ethan Roberts: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Codi Heuer: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jeimer Candelario: day-to-day (Back)
- Rockies: Daniel Bard: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Austin Gomber: 60 Day IL (Back), German Márquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Feltner: 60 Day IL (Skull), Antonio Senzatela: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Rolison: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Lucas Gilbreath: 60 Day IL (Elbow)