Table of Contents
Clarke Schmidt aims for his 10th victory of the season when his New York Yankees (73-72) visit the Boston Red Sox (73-72). The Yankees are underdogs in the matchup (+114) against the Red Sox (-135), and the game begins at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Tanner Houck takes the mound first for Boston, and Schmidt is New York’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the Yankees?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox are 15th in MLB play with 171 total home runs.
- Boston’s .263 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Red Sox’s .329 on-base percentage ranks eighth-best in baseball.
- Boston’s 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 12th in baseball.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (84 total in home contests).
- Boston is slugging .459 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 9.7 hits per game and is batting .282.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in total hits (142) this season while batting .269 with 64 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .342 and a slugging percentage of .505.
- Among all qualified batters, he is 53rd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 42nd, and he is 17th in slugging.
- Justin Turner has an OPS of .830, fueled by an OBP of .354 and a team-best slugging percentage of .475 this season. He’s batting .283.
- He is 17th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .291 with a .455 slugging percentage and 68 RBI this year.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .274 with a .335 OBP and 54 RBI for Boston this season.
- Verdugo has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with two doubles and an RBI.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees’ 203 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- New York has a team batting average of just .225 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Yankees are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .302.
- New York ranks 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 70 road contests this season.
- New York has a team slugging percentage of .385 in away games this season with 190 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .228 on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Gleyber Torres has accumulated a team-high OBP (.341) and slugging percentage (.461), and leads the Yankees in hits (145, while batting .271).
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 44th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 43rd and he is 51st in slugging.
- Aaron Judge has 12 doubles, 31 home runs and 72 walks while batting .256. He’s slugging .587 with an on-base percentage of .390.
- Anthony Volpe has 18 doubles, four triples, 20 home runs and 49 walks while batting .210.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .238 with 20 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 51 walks.
Red Sox vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers
|Tanner Houck (BOS)||Pitcher||Clarke Schmidt (NYY)|
|4 – 9||W/L||9 – 8|
Red Sox vs. Yankees Injury Updates
- Red Sox: James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jarren Duran: 60 Day IL (Toe), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Kenley Jansen: day-to-day (Fatigue/illness)
- Yankees: Jasson Domínguez: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Billy McKinney: 10 Day IL (Back), Luis Severino: 15 Day IL (Side), Keynan Middleton: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Ian Hamilton: 15 Day IL (Groin), Albert Abreu: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Jonathan Loaisiga: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Nestor Cortes Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ryan Weber: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Jose Trevino: 60 Day IL (Wrist), Anthony Rizzo: 60 Day IL (Concussion), Lou Trivino: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Gil: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Frankie Montás: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Scott Effross: 60 Day IL (Elbow)