Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays (80-65) host the Texas Rangers (80-64) at 7:07 PM ET on Wednesday in a matchup featuring two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Bo Bichette has a batting average of .306 (eighth in the majors) for the favored Blue Jays (-122), while Corey Seager is third in MLB play hitting .338 this season for the underdog Rangers (+103). Toronto has Yusei Kikuchi starting, and Texas will send out Jordan Montgomery.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank 18th in MLB action with 168 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Toronto’s .259 batting average is fifth-best in MLB.
- The Blue Jays’ .332 on-base percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- Toronto strikes out 8.0 times per game to rank seventh in MLB.
- The Blue Jays have hit 73 home runs at home this season (1.0 per game).
- Toronto is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .406 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .252 at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto with an OBP of .340 this season while batting .263 with 57 walks and 67 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .429.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 70th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage, and 82nd in slugging.
- George Springer is hitting .262 with 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 56 walks, while slugging .411 with an on-base percentage of .334.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 73rd, his on-base percentage 63rd, and his slugging percentage 101st.
- Springer takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .281 with a .395 slugging percentage and 62 RBI this year.
- Bichette has 153 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .476, both of which rank first among Toronto hitters this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 203 home runs rank sixth in Major League Baseball.
- Texas’ .266 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .338 this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- Texas ranks 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 69 road contests this season.
- Texas is slugging .417 in 69 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .258 with 9.2 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has racked up a team-high .470 slugging percentage. He’s batting .278 with an on-base percentage of .349.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 24th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 37th and he is 46th in slugging.
- Seager leads his team with 138 hits and a .400 on-base percentage. He has a batting average of .338 while slugging .654.
- His batting average ranks third among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is sixth, and he is first in slugging.
- Nate Lowe has 37 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 84 walks while hitting .275.
- Jonah Heim has 27 doubles, 16 home runs and 32 walks while batting .266.
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Yusei Kikuchi (TOR)||Pitcher||Jordan Montgomery (TEX)|
|9 – 5||W/L||8 – 11|
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Brandon Belt: 10 Day IL (Back), Matt Chapman: 10 Day IL (Finger), Danny Jansen: 10 Day IL (Finger), Hagen Danner: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Adam Cimber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Otto Lopez: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Whit Merrifield: day-to-day (Groin)
- Rangers: Josh Jung: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Adolis García: 10 Day IL (Knee), Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Max Scherzer: day-to-day (Triceps )