Table of Contents
The No. 1 team in the AL, the Baltimore Orioles (91-54), host the No. 2 team in the league, the Tampa Bay Rays (90-57). The Orioles are favored (-140) in this matchup against the Rays (+119) on Thursday at 7:15 PM ET at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Baltimore’s Kyle Bradish and Tampa Bay’s Aaron Civale pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Rays
- Game Day: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Rays?
- TV Channel: FOX
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 16th in MLB action with 170 total home runs.
- Baltimore has the sixth-best batting average in the majors (.258).
- The Orioles’ .325 on-base percentage ranks 13th in MLB.
- Baltimore strikes out 8.2 times per game to rank 10th in baseball.
- The Orioles average 1.1 homers per home game this season (78 total at home).
- Baltimore is averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .426 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .257.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore OPS (.788) this season. He has a .270 batting average, an on-base percentage of .368, and a slugging percentage of .420.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, his batting average ranks 47th, his on-base percentage ranks 17th, and he is 94th in slugging.
- Anthony Santander is batting .259 with 37 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 54 walks, while slugging .487 with an on-base percentage of .331.
- He ranks 82nd in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 29th in slugging in the majors.
- Santander has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with three doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Gunnar Henderson leads Baltimore with 128 hits. He is batting .259 this season and 59 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Henderson takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .333 with four doubles, two triples, three home runs, a walk and 10 RBI.
- Austin Hays is batting .283 with a .331 OBP and 61 RBI for Baltimore this season.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank third in Major League Baseball with 210 home runs.
- Tampa Bay ranks fifth in MLB with a .259 team batting average.
- The Rays are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .332.
- Tampa Bay ranks 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 Ks per contest.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 109 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- Tampa Bay has a team slugging percentage of .449 in away games this season with 239 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .264 with 9.3 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has a team-best OBP (.403) and slugging percentage (.511), while leading the Rays in hits (157, while batting .324).
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks fifth in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 12th in slugging percentage.
- Randy Arozarena has 16 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 75 walks while hitting .259. He’s slugging .427 with an on-base percentage of .370.
- He is 82nd in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 84th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .254 with 21 doubles, 29 home runs and 49 walks.
- Josh Lowe has 26 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 26 walks while batting .285.
Orioles vs. Rays Probable Pitchers
|Kyle Bradish (BAL)||Pitcher||Aaron Civale (TB)|
|11 – 6||W/L||7 – 3|
Orioles vs. Rays Injury Updates
- Orioles: Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Mountcastle: day-to-day (Shoulder)
- Rays: Manuel Margot: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hand), Jason Adam: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane McClanahan: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)