Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (66-79) host the Cincinnati Reds (76-71) on Thursday at Comerica Park, starting at 1:10 PM ET. The Tigers are favored on the moneyline (-113), while the Reds are -107 underdogs, despite being favored against the spread (1.5) with +152 odds. Detroit’s Reese Olson starts against Cincinnati’s Derek Law.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Reds
- Game Day: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 25th in baseball with 145 total home runs.
- Detroit ranks 28th in MLB with a .235 batting average.
- The Tigers’ .302 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in MLB.
- Detroit strikes out 9.1 times per game to rank 22nd in MLB.
- The Tigers average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (67 total in home contests).
- Detroit is averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .374 at home.
- At home this season the team averages eight hits per game and is batting .240.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has 128 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .455, both of which are tops among Detroit hitters this season. He has a .237 batting average and an on-base percentage of .322.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 116th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage, and 58th in slugging.
- Torkelson will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .300 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Kerry Carpenter has 13 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 26 walks. He’s batting .290 and slugging .507 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- Zach McKinstry has 100 hits this season and has a slash line of .234/.307/.354.
- Matt Vierling leads Detroit in OBP (.333) this season, fueled by 112 hits.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 169 homers this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- Cincinnati has a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an OBP of .326 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- Cincinnati is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 26th with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 69 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- Cincinnati has a team slugging percentage of .401 in away games this season with 223 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .250 with 8.7 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has racked up a team-best OBP (.354) and slugging percentage (.445), and leads the Reds in hits (140, while batting .265).
- He is 66th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and 71st in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- TJ Friedl is batting .273 with 20 doubles, eight triples, 13 home runs and 37 walks. He’s slugging .444 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- Including all qualified players, his batting average puts him 37th, his on-base percentage ranks 42nd, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Jonathan India is hitting .249 with 20 doubles, 15 home runs and 41 walks.
- Hunter Renfroe is hitting .236 with 31 doubles, 20 home runs and 43 walks.
Tigers vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Reese Olson (DET)||Pitcher||Derek Law (CIN)|
|3 – 7||W/L||4 – 5|
Tigers vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Tigers: Riley Greene: 10 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Andrew Vasquez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Reds: Ben Lively: 10 Day IL (Covid-19), Matt McLain: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Graham Ashcraft: 15 Day IL (Toe), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Alex Young: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Stuart Fairchild: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Tejay Antone: day-to-day (Elbow)