Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays (80-66) host the Texas Rangers (81-64) at 7:07 PM ET on Thursday in a matchup featuring two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Bo Bichette has a batting average of .304 (eighth in the majors) for the favored Blue Jays (-161), while Corey Seager ranks third in MLB play hitting .337 this season for the underdog Rangers (+138). Toronto’s Kevin Gausman and Texas’ Nathan Eovaldi will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
How Do I Watch the Blue Jays vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: SNET
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank 18th in MLB action with 168 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Toronto’s .258 batting average is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Blue Jays’ .331 on-base percentage is sixth-best in baseball.
- Toronto strikes out 7.9 times per game, the seventh-best mark in MLB.
- The Blue Jays average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (73 total in home outings).
- Toronto is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .402 at home.
- The team is batting .251 with 589 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto with an OBP of .340 this season while batting .263 with 57 walks and 67 runs scored. He has a slugging percentage of .428.
- Among qualifying batters in the majors, he is 70th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage, and 81st in slugging.
- George Springer is batting .260 with 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 56 walks, while slugging .408 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks 79th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 104th in slugging percentage.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .279 with a .393 slugging percentage and 62 RBI this year.
- Bichette leads Toronto in slugging percentage (.472) and total hits (153) this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers have hit 206 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- Texas has a team batting average of .267 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .339 this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Texas ranks 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- In 70 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Texas has a team slugging percentage of .419 in away games this season with 234 extra-base hits.
- In 70 road games this season, they have a batting average of .259 while averaging 9.2 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has a slugging percentage of .468, a team-high for the Rangers. He’s batting .278 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, his batting average ranks 24th, his on-base percentage ranks 36th, and he is 48th in slugging.
- Seager has collected 139 hits with a .400 OBP to pace his team in both. He has a batting average of .337 while slugging .650.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks third in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage.
- Nate Lowe is batting .277 with 37 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 85 walks.
- Jonah Heim is batting .265 with 27 doubles, 16 home runs and 32 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Kevin Gausman (TOR)||Pitcher||Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)|
|11 – 8||W/L||11 – 4|
Blue Jays vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Blue Jays: Danny Jansen: 10 Day IL (Finger), Brandon Belt: 10 Day IL (Back), Matt Chapman: 10 Day IL (Finger), Adam Cimber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Hagen Danner: 60 Day IL (Oblique), Otto Lopez: 60 Day IL (Oblique)
- Rangers: Josh Jung: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Adolis García: 10 Day IL (Knee), Max Scherzer: 15 Day IL (Triceps ), Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Leody Taveras: day-to-day (Hand)