Table of Contents
Tyler Glasnow’s Tampa Bay Rays (92-57) are favored on the moneyline (-123) against the Baltimore Orioles (91-56), who are at +104, on Saturday as he tries to earn his 10th victory of the campaign. The outing starts at 7:05 PM ET. Tampa Bay’s Glasnow and Baltimore’s Grayson Rodriguez will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank third-best in MLB play with 213 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay is fourth in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- The Rays’ .331 on-base percentage ranks fifth-best in baseball.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 20th in the majors.
- The Rays have hit 112 home runs away from home this season (1.5 per game).
- Tampa Bay is slugging .450 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.3 hits per game and is batting .265 on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has 159 hits and an OBP of .400 to go with a slugging percentage of .506. All three of those stats are tops among Tampa Bay hitters this season. He has a .322 batting average, as well.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks fifth, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is 17th in slugging.
- Diaz has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .364 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena is hitting .262 with 17 doubles, three triples, 22 home runs and 75 walks, while slugging .434 with an on-base percentage of .371.
- Among qualifiers, he ranks 73rd in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 78th in slugging percentage.
- Arozarena has picked up at least one hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .409 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .249 with a .492 slugging percentage and 89 RBI this year.
- Josh Lowe is batting .282 with a .322 OBP and 75 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 173 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- Baltimore ranks seventh in MLB with a .257 team batting average.
- The Orioles have the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.322).
- Baltimore ranks 11th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 73 games at home this season, they’ve hit 81 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 73 home games this season, it is slugging .422 with 222 hits going for extra bases.
- In 73 home games this season, they have a batting average of .254 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has racked up a team-best OBP (.363) and slugging percentage (.414). He’s batting .266.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, his batting average puts him 60th, his on-base percentage ranks 20th, and he is 95th in slugging.
- Anthony Santander is batting .255 with 37 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 54 walks. He’s slugging .479 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 84th in batting average, 76th in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage.
- Gunnar Henderson is leading the Orioles with 129 hits.
- Austin Hays is batting .281 with 36 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 34 walks.
Rays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Glasnow (TB)||Pitcher||Grayson Rodriguez (BAL)|
|9 – 5||W/L||5 – 4|
Rays vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Rays: Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hand), Jason Adam: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane McClanahan: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Orioles: Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), Terrin Vavra: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Mountcastle: day-to-day (Shoulder)