Table of Contents
The AL East-leading Baltimore Orioles (93-56) visit the AL West-leading Houston Astros (84-66) on Monday at 8:10 PM ET. The Orioles are moneyline underdogs (+128) against the favored Astros (-152). Houston has Justin Verlander starting, while Baltimore will counter with John Means.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: SportsNet SW
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros are eighth in MLB play with 206 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Houston ranks fourth in the majors with a .260 batting average.
- The Astros’ .332 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in baseball.
- Houston’s hitters strike out 7.7 times per game, the third-fewest strikeouts in the majors.
- The Astros have hit 83 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- Houston has a .407 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .251 with 622 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker has 150 hits and an OBP of .369, both of which lead Houston hitters this season. He has a .283 batting average and a slugging percentage of .504.
- He is 16th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging among qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Alex Bregman leads Houston in slugging percentage (.446) thanks to 53 extra-base hits. He’s batting .269 with an on-base percentage of .368.
- Among all qualified, he is 50th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage and 66th in slugging percentage.
- Yordan Alvarez has 109 hits this season and has a slash line of .297/.411/.586.
- Alvarez brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
- Jose Altuve has been key for Houston with 96 hits, an OBP of .395 plus a slugging percentage of .544.
- Altuve heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 175 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- Baltimore’s .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking eighth in MLB.
- The Orioles have an OBP of .322 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- Baltimore ranks 11th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 92 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 74 road contests this season.
- In 74 road games this season, it is slugging .432 with 258 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .259 with 9.2 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has put up an on-base percentage of .366 and a slugging percentage of .423. Both lead the Orioles. He’s batting .270.
- Including all qualified hitters, he ranks 48th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 19th and he is 86th in slugging.
- Gunnar Henderson has 132 hits to lead his team. He has a batting average of .258 while slugging .498 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- His batting average is 79th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 71st, and he is 20th in slugging.
- Anthony Santander is hitting .250 with 37 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 54 walks.
- Austin Hays is batting .280 with 36 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 34 walks.
Astros vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Justin Verlander (HOU)||Pitcher||John Means (BAL)|
|11 – 8||W/L||0 – 1|
Astros vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Astros: Ryne Stanek: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Orioles: Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), Terrin Vavra: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ryan Mountcastle: day-to-day (Shoulder)