Table of Contents
Rafael Devers is only two RBI away from his 100th of the season as his Boston Red Sox (74-76) ready for a matchup with the Texas Rangers (82-67) on Monday at 8:05 PM ET. The Red Sox are underdogs (+138) against the Rangers (-162). Jordan Montgomery takes the mound first for Texas, and Kutter Crawford is Boston’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: BSSW
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers average 1.4 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB action with 209 total home runs.
- Texas’ .266 batting average is second-best in MLB.
- The Rangers rank third in baseball with a .338 on-base percentage.
- Texas strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 16 mark in MLB.
- The Rangers have hit 129 home runs at home this season (1.7 per game).
- Texas is slugging .492 with 3.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .274 with 697 hits (9.3 per game) at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas in slugging percentage (.465) thanks to 65 extra-base hits. He has a .276 batting average and an on-base percentage of .348.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 29th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage, and 50th in slugging.
- Semien has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Corey Seager has 143 hits and an OBP of .397, both of which lead the Rangers this season. He’s batting .335 and slugging .649.
- He is fourth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and second in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Nate Lowe has collected 158 base hits, an OBP of .374 and a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
- Jonah Heim has 17 home runs, 85 RBI and a batting average of .263 this season.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox’s 176 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- Boston has a team batting average of .261 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The Red Sox have an OBP of .328 this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- Boston ranks 12th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 89 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 74 road contests this season.
- Boston is slugging .407 in 74 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .241 on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Devers has racked up a slugging percentage of .519 and has 149 hits, both team-best figures for the Red Sox. He’s batting .274 and with an on-base percentage of .353.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, his batting average puts him 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 33rd, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Justin Turner is hitting .281 with 30 doubles, 23 home runs and 49 walks. He’s slugging .469 with an on-base percentage of .350.
- He ranks 18th in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .285 with 29 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 34 walks.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .266 with 36 doubles, five triples, 13 home runs and 42 walks.
Rangers vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|Jordan Montgomery (TEX)||Pitcher||Kutter Crawford (BOS)|
|9 – 11||W/L||6 – 7|
Rangers vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Rangers: Josh Jung: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Adolis García: 10 Day IL (Knee), Max Scherzer: 15 Day IL (Triceps ), Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Red Sox: Triston Casas: 10 Day IL (Shouder), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jarren Duran: 60 Day IL (Toe), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Kenley Jansen: 7 Day IL (Covid-19)