Table of Contents
Luis Garcia brings a two-game home run streak into the Washington Nationals’ (66-84) matchup with the Chicago White Sox (57-93). The White Sox are favored on the moneyline (-121) over the Nationals (+102), and it starts at 7:05 PM ET on Monday at Nationals Park. Mike Clevinger gets the starting nod for Chicago, and Joan Adon is Washington’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the White Sox vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MASN2
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 20th in baseball with 161 total home runs.
- Chicago’s .239 batting average ranks 24th in the majors.
- The White Sox are last in baseball with a .293 on-base percentage.
- Chicago strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 19th in the majors.
- The White Sox have hit 84 home runs on the road this season (1.1 per game).
- Chicago is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .388 on the road.
- The club is batting .235 with 612 hits (8.2 per game) on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert leads Chicago with 138 hits, batting .262 this season with 71 extra-base hits. He has an on-base percentage of .314 and a slugging percentage of .531.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, he ranks 72nd in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn has 28 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 32 walks. He’s batting .261 and slugging .437 with an on-base percentage of .316.
- Among all qualifying players, he ranks 75th in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Benintendi has a team-best OPS of .698, fueled by a slash line of .268/.332/.366 this season.
- Benintendi takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Eloy Jimenez has been key for Chicago with 111 hits, an OBP of .312 plus a slugging percentage of .439.
- Jimenez heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 138 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington’s .253 batting average ranks 12th in the majors this season.
- The Nationals have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.313).
- Washington has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 74 home contests this season.
- Washington is slugging .399 in 74 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .263 as a team at home this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has racked up a team-high slugging percentage (.471) while leading the Nationals in hits (157). He’s batting .272 and with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, he is 41st in batting average, 95th in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- C.J. Abrams has 22 doubles, five triples, 18 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .242. He’s slugging .410 with an on-base percentage of .297.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 109th in batting average, 126th in on-base percentage and 98th in slugging percentage.
- Joey Meneses has put up a team-best .403 slugging percentage.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .255 with 20 doubles, 17 home runs and 30 walks.
White Sox vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Mike Clevinger (CHW)||Pitcher||Joan Adon (WSH)|
|7 – 8||W/L||2 – 2|
White Sox vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- White Sox: Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Declan Cronin: 15 Day IL (Hand), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)
- Nationals: Riley Adams: 10 Day IL (Wrist), MacKenzie Gore: 15 Day IL (Finger), Carl Edwards Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Stone Garrett: 60 Day IL (Leg), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)