Table of Contents
Christian Encarnacion-Strand takes a two-game home run streak into the Cincinnati Reds’ (78-73) matchup against the Minnesota Twins (79-71). The Twins are moneyline favorites (-147) over the Reds (+126), and it starts at 6:40 PM ET on Monday at Great American Ball Park. Joe Ryan gets the starting nod for Minnesota, and Andrew Abbott is Cincinnati’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Reds
- Game Day: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Reds?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank fifth in baseball with 213 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Minnesota’s .241 batting average ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Twins’ .322 on-base percentage is 13th in baseball.
- Minnesota strikes out 10.3 times per game, the worst average in the majors.
- The Twins average 1.4 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (103 total in road contests).
- Minnesota is averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .402 away from home.
- The club is batting .235 with 612 hits (8.2 per game) on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Carlos Correa has 118 hits and an OBP of .312 to go with a slugging percentage of .399. All three of those stats lead Minnesota hitters this season. He has a .230 batting average, as well.
- He is 123rd in batting average, 107th in on-base percentage, and 105th in slugging among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Max Kepler is batting .252 with 21 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 38 walks. He’s slugging .478 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Kepler brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .270 with a double, two triples, a home run, three walks and eight RBI.
- Willi Castro has 81 hits this season and has a slash line of .247/.322/.390.
- Royce Lewis has 14 home runs, 51 RBI and a batting average of .310 this season.
- Lewis enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with two home runs, six walks and seven RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 176 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- Cincinnati’s .248 batting average ranks 17th in the majors this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .325 this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- Cincinnati ranks 26th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 75 home contests this season.
- In 75 home games this season, it is slugging .425 with 225 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .246 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer has accumulated an on-base percentage of .356, a slugging percentage of .453, and has 143 hits, all club-highs for the Reds (while batting .265).
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 62nd in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage and 60th in slugging percentage.
- TJ Friedl is batting .273 with 20 doubles, eight triples, 14 home runs and 39 walks. He’s slugging .447 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- He is currently 37th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 64th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Jonathan India has 20 doubles, 16 home runs and 42 walks while batting .246.
- Hunter Renfroe is batting .233 with 31 doubles, 20 home runs and 44 walks.
Twins vs. Reds Probable Pitchers
|Joe Ryan (MIN)||Pitcher||Andrew Abbott (CIN)|
|10 – 9||W/L||8 – 5|
Twins vs. Reds Injury Updates
- Twins: Michael A. Taylor: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Joey Gallo: 10 Day IL (Foot), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Oliver Ortega: 60 Day IL (Back), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jose Miranda: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Canterino: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed)
- Reds: Matt McLain: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Graham Ashcraft: 15 Day IL (Toe), Tejay Antone: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Alex Young: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Stuart Fairchild: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Luke Maile: day-to-day (Hand)