Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (68-83) will attempt to stop a six-game losing streak when they visit the Tampa Bay Rays (93-59) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Angels (+182) are not projected to end the streak against the Rays (-220). Tampa Bay has Aaron Civale starting things off, and Los Angeles counters with Reid Detmers.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Angels
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: BSSUN
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 217 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay ranks fifth in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Rays are fifth in MLB with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.8 times per game, the No. 20 average in the majors.
- The Rays have hit 102 homers at home this season (1.3 per game).
- Tampa Bay is slugging .442 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .253 with 624 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with 163 hits and an OBP of .402, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .507. He’s batting .323.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, he is fifth in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena is hitting .260 with 17 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 76 walks. He’s slugging .433 with an on-base percentage of .368.
- Among all qualifying hitters, he is 77th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging percentage.
- Isaac Paredes has 112 hits this season and has a slash line of .249/.353/.489.
- Josh Lowe is batting .281 with a .323 OBP and 75 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Lowe has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .158 with two doubles and two walks.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank third in Major League Baseball with 218 home runs.
- Los Angeles ranks 18th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- The Angels have an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- Los Angeles ranks just 26th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 whiffs per contest.
- In 76 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 101 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- Los Angeles is slugging .424 in 76 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .254 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Brandon Drury is batting .256 with 26 doubles, three triples, 21 home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .474 with an on-base percentage of .304.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, he is 81st in batting average, 120th in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging percentage.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .270 with 26 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 27 walks. He’s slugging .461 with an on-base percentage of .325.
- C.J. Cron is hitting .252 with 12 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Zach Neto is hitting .224 with 14 doubles, nine home runs and 16 walks.
Rays vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Aaron Civale (TB)||Pitcher||Reid Detmers (LAA)|
|7 – 3||W/L||3 – 10|
Rays vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Rays: Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hand), Jason Adam: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane McClanahan: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Greg Jones: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Luke Raley: day-to-day (Undisclosed)
- Angels: Mike Trout: 10 Day IL (Hand), Mickey Moniak: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Moustakas: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Shohei Ohtani: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jaime Barria: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Luis Rengifo: 60 Day IL (Biceps), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), Kyren Paris: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chase Silseth: 7 Day IL (Head), Reid Detmers: day-to-day (Illness)