Table of Contents
Luis Robert rides a two-game home run streak into the Chicago White Sox’s (58-94) matchup with the Washington Nationals (67-85). The Nationals are favored (-130) over the White Sox (+111), and it starts at 1:05 PM ET on Wednesday at Nationals Park. Washington’s Josiah Gray starts against Chicago’s Michael Kopech.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Nationals vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Nationals vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: MASN2
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals are second-worst in MLB action with 140 home runs.
- Washington has the 12th-ranked batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Nationals’ .312 on-base percentage is 23rd in baseball.
- Washington’s hitters strike out 7.1 times per game, the second-fewest strikeouts in MLB.
- The Nationals have hit 65 homers at home this season (0.9 per game).
- Washington is slugging .399 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .262.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas leads Washington in slugging percentage (.467) and total hits (158) this season. He’s batting .271 with an on-base percentage of .317.
- Among all qualifying batters in the majors, his batting average ranks 42nd, his on-base percentage ranks 96th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- C.J. Abrams is batting .245 with 23 doubles, six triples, 18 home runs and 29 walks, while slugging .416 with an on-base percentage of .300.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 105th in batting average, 124th in on-base percentage and 93rd in slugging percentage.
- Abrams heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .150 with a double, a triple and two walks.
- Joey Meneses leads the Nationals with an OPS of .733. He has a slash line of .279/.326/.406 this season.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .253 with a .304 OBP and 61 RBI for Washington this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit 164 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Chicago ranks 24th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The White Sox are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .294.
- Chicago ranks 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- In 77 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- Chicago is slugging .391 in 77 road games this season.
- In 77 road games this season, they have a batting average of .238 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Robert has a slugging percentage of .543 and has 142 hits, both team-best numbers for the White Sox. He’s batting .265 and with an on-base percentage of .316.
- He ranks 63rd in batting average, 100th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Andrew Benintendi has a .332 OBP while slugging .363. Both pace his team. He has a batting average of .266.
- He is currently 59th in batting average, 60th in on-base percentage and 127th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Andrew Vaughn is hitting .260 with 28 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 33 walks.
- Eloy Jimenez is hitting .267 with 21 doubles, 17 home runs and 28 walks.
Nationals vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Josiah Gray (WSH)||Pitcher||Michael Kopech (CHW)|
|7 – 12||W/L||5 – 12|
Nationals vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Nationals: Travis Blankenhorn: 10 Day IL (Foot), Riley Adams: 10 Day IL (Wrist), MacKenzie Gore: 15 Day IL (Finger), Carl Edwards Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Stone Garrett: 60 Day IL (Leg), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- White Sox: Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Garrett Crochet: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Declan Cronin: 15 Day IL (Hand), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)