Table of Contents
Ketel Marte leads the Arizona Diamondbacks (80-72) into a contest against the San Francisco Giants (76-75) after his four-hit outing in an 8-4 win over the Giants. The Diamondbacks are favored (-114) for this game against the underdog Giants (-105), which starts at 3:40 PM ET on Wednesday. Arizona’s Merrill Kelly starts against San Francisco’s Logan Webb.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Giants
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Game Time: 3:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the Giants?
- TV Channel: MLB Network
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 21st in MLB play with 160 total home runs.
- Arizona’s .252 batting average ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks’ .323 on-base percentage ranks 13th in baseball.
- Arizona strikes out 7.8 times per game, the fourth-best mark in baseball.
- The Diamondbacks average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (78 total in home contests).
- Arizona is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .429 in home contests.
- The team is batting .261 with 667 hits (8.7 per game) at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has 149 hits and an OBP of .361, both of which lead Arizona hitters this season. He has a .283 batting average and a slugging percentage of .505.
- He is 16th in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage, and 18th in slugging among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Carroll will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Marte has an OPS of .847, fueled by an OBP of .360 and a team-best slugging percentage of .487 this season. He’s batting .279.
- His batting average ranks 22nd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 26th, and his slugging percentage 29th.
- Marte has picked up a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a double, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Christian Walker has 141 hits this season and has a slash line of .257/.334/.489.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has been key for Arizona with 137 hits, an OBP of .313 plus a slugging percentage of .478.
- Gurriel brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, a home run and seven RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 20th in Major League Baseball with 163 home runs.
- San Francisco’s .241 batting average ranks 22nd in the majors this season.
- The Giants have the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- San Francisco ranks 25th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 76 road contests this season.
- In 76 road games this season, it is slugging .389 with 220 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .237 with 8.2 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .289 with 22 doubles, 22 home runs and 37 walks. He’s slugging .520 with an on-base percentage of .357.
- LaMonte Wade Jr paces his team with a .378 OBP. He has a batting average of .264 while slugging .419.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 69th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage.
- Thairo Estrada has a slugging percentage of .424 and has 126 hits, both team-high numbers for the Giants.
- J.D. Davis has 22 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 50 walks while batting .252.
Diamondbacks vs. Giants Probable Pitchers
|Merrill Kelly (ARI)||Pitcher||Logan Webb (SF)|
|11 – 7||W/L||10 – 12|
Diamondbacks vs. Giants Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Scott McGough: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Dominic Fletcher: 60 Day IL (Finger), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)
- Giants: Anthony DeSclafani: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cole Waites: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Roberto Pérez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mark Mathias: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Thomas Szapucki: 60 Day IL (Arm), Alex Cobb: day-to-day (Undisclosed)