Table of Contents
Julio Rodriguez is only one RBI away from his 100th of the season as his Seattle Mariners (83-68) ready for a matchup with the Oakland Athletics (46-105) on Wednesday at 3:37 PM ET. The Mariners are favored (-239) over the Athletics (+195). Seattle is expected to start George Kirby, while Oakland has not named a starting pitcher.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Game Time: 3:37 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Mariners vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners average 1.3 home runs per game to rank 12th in MLB action with 197 total home runs.
- Seattle ranks 19th in the majors with a .244 batting average.
- The Mariners are 13th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .323.
- Seattle’s hitters strike out 9.9 times per game, the 29th-most in MLB.
- The Mariners average 1.4 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (111 total in road outings).
- Seattle has a .427 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .248 away from home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Rodriguez leads Seattle in slugging percentage (.495) and total hits (175) this season. He’s batting .285 with an on-base percentage of .342.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, he is 13th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage, and 22nd in slugging.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle with an OBP of .382 this season while batting .266 with 88 walks and 88 runs scored. He’s slugging .433.
- Among qualifying batters, his batting average ranks him 59th, his on-base percentage 11th, and his slugging percentage 75th.
- Crawford has picked up a hit in nine straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .268 with six doubles, a home run, seven walks and seven RBI.
- Teoscar Hernandez has collected 155 base hits, an OBP of .311 and a slugging percentage of .449 this season.
- Hernandez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Cal Raleigh has 28 home runs, 70 RBI and a batting average of .233 this season.
- Raleigh has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with two walks and two RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 160 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an on-base percentage of .299 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Oakland ranks 24th with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 76 games at home this season, they’ve hit 72 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- In 76 home games this season, it is slugging .357 with 189 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .215 with 6.9 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a team-best .339 slugging percentage. He’s batting .251 with an on-base percentage of .305.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 93rd in batting average, 118th in on-base percentage and 132nd in slugging percentage.
- Brent Rooker’s 102 hits and .325 on-base percentage both pace his team. He has a batting average of .241 while slugging .472.
- He ranks 112th in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Tony Kemp is batting .213 with 13 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 43 walks.
- Ryan Noda is batting .235 with 21 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 73 walks.
Mariners vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|George Kirby (SEA)||Pitcher||(OAK)*|
|10 – 10||W/L||–|
Mariners vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Mariners: Tom Murphy: 10 Day IL (Thumb), Marco Gonzales: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Penn Murfee: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Robbie Ray: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Emerson Hancock: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Easton McGee: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Evan White: 60 Day IL (Adductor)
- Athletics: JJ Bleday: 10 Day IL (Knee), Austin Pruitt: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Sean Newcomb: 15 Day IL (Knee), Angel Felipe: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), James Kaprielian: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Calf), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Richard Lovelady: 60 Day IL (Arm), Yacksel Ríos: 60 Day IL (Finger)