Table of Contents
Ronald Acuna Jr. will look for his 40th home run of the season when his Atlanta Braves (97-55) visit the Washington Nationals (68-85) at Nationals Park on Thursday, starting at 7:05 PM ET. Acuna’s Braves are favored (-262) in the outing against the Nationals (+213). Atlanta’s Max Fried gets the start against Washington’s Jake Irvin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
How Do I Watch the Braves vs. the Nationals?
- TV Channel: MASN
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Atlanta Braves have hit a league-leading 291 home runs, averaging 1.9 per game.
- Atlanta leads the majors with a .275 batting average.
- The Braves have a league-best .343 on-base percentage.
- Atlanta’s hitters strike out 7.9 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in the majors.
- The Braves average 1.9 homers per road game this season (148 total on the road).
- Atlanta is averaging 3.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .491 on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 9.5 hits per game and is batting .270.
Braves Key Batters
- Acuna has an OPS of 1.009, fueled by an OBP of .416 to go with a slugging percentage of .592. He has a .337 batting average, as well.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks third in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Acuna hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .381 with a double, four home runs, six walks and 10 RBI.
- Matt Olson leads Atlanta in total hits (160) this season while batting .279 with 81 extra-base hits. He’s slugging .606 with an on-base percentage of .386.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 24th, his on-base percentage 10th, and his slugging percentage third.
- Olson takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has collected 149 base hits, an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
- Albies takes a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .318 with five doubles, two home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Austin Riley has been key for Atlanta with 167 hits, an OBP of .341 plus a slugging percentage of .512.
- Riley enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 143 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- Washington ranks 12th in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Nationals have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Washington has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the second-best strikeout rate (7.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 77 home contests this season.
- Washington has a team slugging percentage of .404 in home games this season with 213 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .264 as a team at home this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has collected 159 hits, a team-high for the Nationals. He’s batting .271 and slugging .473 with an on-base percentage of .321.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, he ranks 46th in batting average, 92nd in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging percentage.
- C.J. Abrams has 25 doubles, six triples, 18 home runs and 31 walks while batting .247. He’s slugging .421 with an on-base percentage of .305.
- Including all qualified players, his batting average puts him 102nd, his on-base percentage is 119th, and he is 90th in slugging.
- Joey Meneses has put up a team-best OBP (.328) and slugging percentage (.413).
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .253 with 21 doubles, 17 home runs and 30 walks.
Braves vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers
|Max Fried (ATL)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|7 – 1||W/L||3 – 6|
Braves vs. Nationals Injury Updates
- Braves: Collin McHugh: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Yonny Chirinos: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Anderson: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Mike Soroka: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Dylan Lee: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Daysbel Hernández: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Kolby Allard: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Ehire Adrianza: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Sam Hilliard: 60 Day IL (Heel), Huascar Ynoa: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Matzek: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Nationals: Riley Adams: 10 Day IL (Wrist), Travis Blankenhorn: 10 Day IL (Foot), MacKenzie Gore: 15 Day IL (Finger), Carl Edwards Jr.: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Victor Robles: 60 Day IL (Back), Stone Garrett: 60 Day IL (Leg), Stephen Strasburg: 60 Day IL (Ribs/shoulder), Tanner Rainey: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Cade Cavalli: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Victor Arano: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)