Table of Contents
Mark Vientos leads the New York Mets (71-81) into a matchup against the Philadelphia Phillies (83-69) after he homered twice in an 8-3 win over the Marlins. The Phillies are moneyline favorites (-174) against the Mets (+147) in this outing, which begins at 7:15 PM ET on Thursday. Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez starts against New York’s David Peterson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Mets
- Game Day: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Mets?
- TV Channel: FOX
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.4 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 206 total home runs.
- Philadelphia has the eighth-best batting average in MLB (.257).
- The Phillies rank sixth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Philadelphia strikes out 9.1 times per game, the No. 22 mark in the majors.
- The Phillies have hit 106 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- Philadelphia has a .456 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .266 with 661 hits (8.9 per game) at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber is batting .197 with 17 doubles, a triple, 45 home runs and 122 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .345 and a slugging percentage of .475.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, he ranks 134th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage, and 37th in slugging.
- Trea Turner has an OPS of .781, fueled by an OBP of .319 and a team-best slugging percentage of .463 this season. He’s batting .267.
- He ranks 54th in batting average, 94th in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging among qualified batters.
- Bryson Stott has 158 hits this season and has a slash line of .283/.331/.427.
- Alec Bohm is batting .279 with a .335 OBP and 92 RBI for Philadelphia this season.
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets’ 201 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- New York ranks 25th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Mets have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.318).
- New York has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the eighth-best strikeout rate (8.1 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 95 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 77 road contests this season.
- In 77 road games this season, it is slugging .403 with 218 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.3 base hits per game and batting .243 on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with 117 hits. He’s batting .222 and slugging .519 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 126th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 82nd and he is 11th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .250 with 33 doubles, two triples, 26 home runs and 61 walks. He’s slugging .452 with an on-base percentage of .331.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 94th, his on-base percentage is 62nd, and he is 60th in slugging.
- Brandon Nimmo has a .360 on-base percentage and a .465 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Mets.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .267 with 24 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 38 walks.
Phillies vs. Mets Probable Pitchers
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||David Peterson (NYM)|
|3 – 6||W/L||3 – 8|
Phillies vs. Mets Injury Updates
- Phillies: Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Mets: Starling Marte: 10 Day IL (Migraines), Carlos Carrasco: 15 Day IL (Finger), Sean Reid-Foley: 15 Day IL (Lat), Josh Walker: 60 Day IL (Oblique), John Curtiss: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Bryce Montes de Oca: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Elieser Hernandez: 60 Day IL (Pectoral), Edwin Díaz: 60 Day IL (Knee), DJ Stewart: day-to-day (Wrist)