Table of Contents
The Washington Commanders (2-0) host the Buffalo Bills (1-1) at FedExField on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
The Bills ranked sixth in total defense last year (319.1 yards allowed per game), but they excelled on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with 397.6 total yards per game. Offensively, the Commanders ranked 24th in the NFL with 18.9 points per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked seventh in points allowed (304.6 points allowed per contest).
Bills vs. Commanders Picks
A majority of Splash Inc. users are picking the Commanders to win as underdogs against the Bills on Sunday (16.1% of users), while 65.4% think the Bills will cover the spread as 6.5-point favorites.
Game Info: Bills vs. Commanders
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Landover, Maryland
- Stadium: FedExField
If you are planning on making a wager on Buffalo-Washington outing (in which Buffalo is a 6.5-point favorite and the over/under is set at 43.5 points), below are some betting trends and insights for Sunday’s game.
Game Trends for Bills
- The Bills covered eight times in 16 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Bills covered the spread five times last season (5-6 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Last season, six of the Bills’ games hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Bills
- Last year, the Bills put up 8.2 more points per game (28.4) than the Commanders surrendered (20.2).
- The Bills were 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall in games when they put up more than 20.2 points last season.
- The Commanders had a 8-6-1 record against the spread and a 8-6-1 record overall in games when they allowed fewer than 28.4 points last year.
- The Bills averaged 93 more yards per game (397.6) than the Commanders allowed per matchup (304.6) last season.
- In games that the Bills piled up more than 304.6 yards last season, the team was 8-7 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- The Commanders had a -6-1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 397.6 yards last year.
- The Bills rushed for 139.5 yards per game last season, 26.2 more than the 113.3 the Commanders allowed per outing.
- When the Bills rushed for more than 113.3 yards last year, they had a 6-7 ATS record and a 10-3 overall record.
- Last season, the Commanders were -5-1 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 139.5 yards on the ground.
- The Bills turned the ball over nine more times (27 total) than the Commanders forced a turnover (18) last year.
Best Players for Bills
- Josh Allen: 4,283 PASS YDS / 267.7 YPG / 63.3% / 35 TD / 14 INT / 124 CAR / 762 RUSH YDS / 7 TD
- Latavius Murray: 171 CAR / 760 YDS / 58.5 YPG / 6 TD / 27 REC / 132 YDS / 10.2 YPG / 0 TD
- Stefon Diggs: 108 REC / 1,429 YDS / 89.3 YPG / 11 TD
- Gabriel Davis: 48 REC / 836 YDS / 55.7 YPG / 7 TD
- Dawson Knox: 48 REC / 517 YDS / 34.5 YPG / 6 TD
- Matt Milano: 99 TKL / 12 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 3 INT / 11 PD
Game Trends for Commanders
- Commanders posted a 8-8-1 record against the spread last season.
- The Commanders won twice ATS (2-1) as underdogs of 6.5 points or more last season.
- There were five Commanders games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- Last season the Commanders scored just one more point per game (18.9) than the Bills allowed (17.9).
- The Commanders were 6-3 against the spread and 6-2-1 overall in games when they recorded more than 17.9 points last season.
- The Bills had a 5-2 record against the spread and a 7-0 record overall in games when they surrendered less than 18.9 points last year.
- The Commanders racked up 330.3 yards per game last season, just 11.2 more than the 319.1 the Bills gave up per contest.
- When the Commanders churned out more than 319.1 yards last season, the team was 5-5 against the spread and 5-4-1 overall.
- The Bills had a -5 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 330.3 yards last season.
- The Commanders rushed for 126.1 yards per game last season, 21.5 more than the 104.6 the Bills allowed per outing.
- When the Commanders rushed for over 104.6 yards last year they compiled a 6-4-1 ATS record and a 6-4-1 overall record.
- Last year, the Bills were -3 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to less than 126.1 rushing yards.
- The Commanders turned the ball over 23 times last season, four fewer times than the Bills forced turnovers (27).
Best Players for Commanders
- Sam Howell: 169 PASS YDS / 169 YPG / 57.9% / 1 TD / 1 INT / 5 CAR / 35 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Brian Robinson Jr.: 205 CAR / 797 YDS / 66.4 YPG / 2 TD / 9 REC / 60 YDS / 5 YPG / 1 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 149 CAR / 546 YDS / 36.4 YPG / 3 TD / 46 REC / 353 YDS / 23.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 77 REC / 1,191 YDS / 70.1 YPG / 5 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 64 REC / 656 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 35 REC / 523 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 7 TD
- Cody Barton: 133 TKL / 4 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 INT / 6 PD