Table of Contents
AFC East opponents match up when the New England Patriots (0-2) and the New York Jets (1-1) play on Sunday, September 24, 2023 at MetLife Stadium.
The Patriots ranked 26th in total offense (314.6 yards per game) and eighth in total defense (322 yards allowed per game) last year. On defense, the Jets were a top-five unit last season, ranking fourth-best by surrendering only 311.1 yards per game. They ranked 25th on offense (318.2 yards per game).
Patriots vs. Jets Picks
Splash Inc. users think the Patriots will win straight up and cover against the Jets, with 57.5% of users picking them to win and 55.6% picking them to cover the 2.5-point spread on Sunday.
Game Info: Patriots vs. Jets
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Take a look at some betting insights for New England (-2.5) versus New York on Sunday. The over/under has been set at 37 points for this game.
Game Trends for Patriots
- The Patriots compiled a 7-9-1 record against the spread last season.
- The Patriots covered the spread five times last season (5-2-1 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- A total of eight of the Patriots’ games last season hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Patriots
- The Patriots put up 21.4 points per game last year, comparable to the 18.6 per outing the Jets gave up.
- The Patriots were 6-5 against the spread and 6-5 overall last season when the team recorded more than 18.6 points.
- When the Jets limited opponents to fewer than 21.4 points last year, they had a 7-4 record against the spread and a 6-5 record overall.
- The Patriots averaged only 3.5 more yards per game (314.6) than the Jets allowed per contest (311.1) last season.
- The Patriots were 3-4-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall when the team churned out more than 311.1 yards last year.
- When the Jets held their opponents to fewer than 314.6 yards last season, they had a -5 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last season the Patriots piled up 106.6 yards per game on the ground, 15 fewer than the Jets allowed per outing (121.6).
- When the Patriots rushed for more than 121.6 yards last season, they compiled a 3-2-1 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record.
- Last year, the Jets were -3 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 106.6 rushing yards.
- The Patriots turned the ball over 23 times last year, seven more turnovers than the Jets forced (16).
Best Players for Patriots
- Mac Jones: 2,997 PASS YDS / 214.1 YPG / 65.2% / 14 TD / 11 INT
- Rhamondre Stevenson: 210 CAR / 1,040 YDS / 61.2 YPG / 5 TD / 69 REC / 421 YDS / 24.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 231 CAR / 876 YDS / 58.4 YPG / 12 TD / 17 REC / 92 YDS / 6.1 YPG / 0 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 78 REC / 933 YDS / 58.3 YPG / 3 TD
- DeVante Parker: 31 REC / 539 YDS / 44.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Hunter Henry: 41 REC / 509 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Ja’Whaun Bentley: 122 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
Game Trends for Jets
- The Jets beat the spread eight times in 17 games last season.
- The Jets went 6-6 as underdogs of 2.5 points or more last season.
- The Jets had five of their 17 games go over the point total last year.
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets scored 17.4 points per game last year, three fewer than the Patriots gave up (20.4).
- When the Jets scored more than 20.4 points last year, they were 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- The Patriots had a 6-0-1 record against the spread and a 7-0 record overall in games when they allowed less than 17.4 points last season.
- The Jets collected just 3.8 fewer yards per game (318.2) than the Patriots gave up per contest (322) last season.
- When the Jets piled up more than 322 yards last year, the team was 3-5 against the spread and 3-5 overall.
- The Patriots had a -2-1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 318.2 yards last year.
- The Jets rushed for 99.2 yards per game last season, just 6.3 fewer yards than the 105.5 the Patriots allowed per outing.
- When the Jets ran for over 105.5 yards last year they compiled a 5-1 ATS record and a 5-1 overall record.
- When the Patriots limited their opponents to less than 99.2 yards on the ground last year, they were -6-1 against the spread and – overall.
- The Jets had 23 giveaways last season, while the Patriots had 30 takeaways.
Best Players for Jets
- Dalvin Cook: 264 CAR / 1,173 YDS / 69 YPG / 8 TD / 39 REC / 295 YDS / 17.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Breece Hall: 80 CAR / 463 YDS / 66.1 YPG / 4 TD / 19 REC / 218 YDS / 31.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 83 REC / 1,103 YDS / 64.9 YPG / 4 TD
- Allen Lazard: 60 REC / 788 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 6 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 58 REC / 552 YDS / 32.5 YPG / 3 TD
- C.J. Mosley: 158 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 7 PD