Table of Contents
The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) and the Houston Texans (0-2) square off on Sunday, September 24, 2023 at TIAA Bank Field in a clash of AFC South opponents.
The Jaguars averaged 357.4 yards per game on offense last season (10th in NFL), and they ranked 24th defensively with 353.3 yards allowed per game. The Texans ranked second-worst in total offense (283.5 yards per game) and third-worst in total defense (379.5 yards per game allowed) last year.
Jaguars vs. Texans Picks
Right now, 96.8% of Splash Inc. users are picking the Jaguars to win and 57.8% are picking them to cover the 9-point spread as well against the Texans on Sunday.
Game Info: Jaguars vs. Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
Before you wager on Sunday’s Jacksonville-Houston spread (Jacksonville -9) or over/under (44 points), check out the betting insights and trends below.
Game Trends for Jaguars
- The Jaguars won eight games against the spread last season, failing to cover nine times.
- The Jaguars and their opponents combined to go over the point total eight out of 17 times last season.
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- The Jaguars put up just 0.9 fewer points per game (23.8) than the Texans allowed (24.7) last year.
- The Jaguars were 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team put up more than 24.7 points.
- Last season the Texans had a 4-2-1 record against the spread and a 2-4-1 record overall in games when they held opponents to less than 23.8 points.
- The Jaguars racked up 22.1 fewer yards per game (357.4) than the Texans gave up per matchup (379.5) last year.
- In games that the Jaguars totaled over 379.5 yards last season, the team was 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- In games the Texans kept their opponents to fewer than 357.4 yards last season, they had a -5 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last year the Jaguars ran for 45.7 fewer yards per game (124.5) than the Texans allowed per outing (170.2).
- Last season the Jaguars had a 1-2 ATS record and a 1-2 overall record in games the team ran for more than 170.2 yards.
- Last season, the Texans were -2 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 124.5 rushing yards.
- The Jaguars had 22 giveaways last season, while the Texans had 27 takeaways.
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 4,113 PASS YDS / 241.9 YPG / 66.3% / 25 TD / 8 INT / 62 CAR / 291 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Travis Etienne: 220 CAR / 1,125 YDS / 66.2 YPG / 5 TD / 35 REC / 316 YDS / 18.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 84 REC / 1,108 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 8 TD
- Zay Jones: 82 REC / 823 YDS / 51.4 YPG / 5 TD
- Evan Engram: 73 REC / 766 YDS / 45.1 YPG / 4 TD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 184 TKL / 12 TFL / 2 SACK / 5 PD
Game Trends for Texans
- Against the spread, the Texans were 8-8-1 last year.
- The Texans’ ATS record as underdogs of 9 points or greater was 4-1 last year.
- There were seven Texans games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
Stats & Insights for Texans
- The Texans averaged 17 points per game last season, 3.6 fewer than the Jaguars surrendered (20.6).
- When the Texans put up more than 20.6 points last season, they were 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Jaguars had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when they allowed opponents to score fewer than 17 points last year.
- The Texans collected 69.8 fewer yards per game (283.5) than the Jaguars allowed (353.3) per matchup last year.
- When the Texans picked up over 353.3 yards last year, the team was 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Jaguars had a -1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to fewer than 283.5 yards last year.
- The Texans rushed for 86.8 yards per game last season, 28 fewer than the 114.8 the Jaguars allowed per contest.
- Last year the Texans had a 2-1 ATS record and a 1-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 114.8 yards.
- Last season, the Jaguars were -2 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 86.8 yards on the ground.
- The Texans turned the ball over one more time (28 total) than the Jaguars forced turnovers (27) last season.
Best Players for Texans
- Dameon Pierce: 220 CAR / 939 YDS / 72.2 YPG / 4 TD / 30 REC / 165 YDS / 12.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Devin Singletary: 177 CAR / 819 YDS / 51.2 YPG / 5 TD / 38 REC / 280 YDS / 17.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 57 REC / 577 YDS / 38.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Robert Woods: 53 REC / 527 YDS / 31 YPG / 2 TD
- Nico Collins: 37 REC / 481 YDS / 48.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Jalen Pitre: 147 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 INT / 8 PD