Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (74-82) take the field against the Baltimore Orioles (96-59) in a game which oddsmakers have listed both teams with equal odds to win on the moneyline. The action gets underway on Sunday at Progressive Field, starting at 1:40 PM ET. Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie starts against Baltimore’s Kyle Gibson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Guardians vs. the Orioles?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are last in MLB action with 118 home runs.
- Cleveland is 15th in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Guardians are 24th in baseball with a .313 on-base percentage.
- Cleveland strikes out 7 times per game, the second-fewest mark in the majors.
- The Guardians average 0.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (51 total in home contests).
- Cleveland is averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .375 at home.
- The team is batting .248 with 639 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in OBP (.351) and total hits (162) this season. He’s batting .276 batting average while slugging .474.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 32nd, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has an OPS of .725, fueled by an OBP of .346 and a team-best slugging percentage of .378 this season. He’s batting .274.
- Among all qualified, he ranks 40th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 117th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Naylor is batting .312 with a .499 slugging percentage and 95 RBI this year.
- Andres Gimenez has 14 home runs, 61 RBI and a batting average of .251 this season.
- Gimenez takes a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .390 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs and 10 RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 15th in Major League Baseball with 180 home runs.
- Baltimore’s .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Orioles have an on-base percentage of .322 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- Baltimore ranks 13th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 97 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 80 road contests this season.
- In 80 road games this season, it is slugging .431 with 279 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 9.2 base hits per game and batting .260 on the road this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman has racked up a team-best OBP (.369) and slugging percentage (.429). He’s batting .274.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 40th, his on-base percentage ranks 13th, and he is 77th in slugging.
- Rutschman takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .300 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Gunnar Henderson’s 140 hits pace his team. He has a batting average of .260 while slugging .496 with an on-base percentage of .329.
- He is 78th in batting average, 65th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Anthony Santander has 41 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .258.
- Austin Hays is batting .276 with 36 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 36 walks.
Guardians vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers
|Triston McKenzie (CLE)||Pitcher||Kyle Gibson (BAL)|
|0 – 1||W/L||14 – 9|
Guardians vs. Orioles Injury Updates
- Guardians: Tanner Bibee: 15 Day IL (Hip), Logan Allen: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Triston McKenzie: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Bo Naylor: day-to-day (Thumb)
- Orioles: Ryan Mountcastle: 10 Day IL (Shoulder), Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), Terrin Vavra: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)