Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (72-83) visit the Oakland Athletics (48-107) on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET. The Tigers are moneyline favorites (-152) against the underdog Athletics (+129). Detroit has Eduardo Rodriguez set to start, and Oakland will send out JP Sears.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CA
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank 25th in baseball with 156 total home runs.
- Detroit’s .234 batting average ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Tigers rank 28th in baseball with a .301 on-base percentage.
- Detroit strikes out 9.2 times per game, the No. 24 mark in the majors.
- The Tigers average 1.1 homers per game when playing on the road this season (87 total in road contests).
- Detroit has a .377 slugging percentage and is averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .228.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit with 134 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .440. He’s batting .231 with an on-base percentage of .311.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 119th, his on-base percentage ranks 110th, and he is 71st in slugging.
- Kerry Carpenter has 17 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 29 walks. He’s batting .288 and slugging .492 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Matt Vierling leads Detroit in OBP (.328) this season, fueled by 118 hits.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .228 with a .301 OBP and 32 RBI for Detroit this season.
- McKinstry enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with two doubles.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 166 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .298.
- Oakland ranks 23rd with an average of 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.0 home runs per game in their 80 home contests this season.
- Oakland has a team slugging percentage of .359 in home games this season with 199 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 6.9 base hits per game and batting .215 as a team at home this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a .347 slugging percentage, which leads the Athletics. He’s batting .254 with an on-base percentage of .308.
- Brent Rooker leads his team with 105 hits and a .325 OBP. He has a batting average of .240 while slugging .485.
- He is 112th in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Tony Kemp is batting .209 with 13 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 44 walks.
- Ryan Noda is batting .234 with 22 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 73 walks.
Tigers vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Eduardo Rodríguez (DET)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|11 – 9||W/L||5 – 12|
Tigers vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Tigers: Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Andrew Vasquez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Riley Greene: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Eduardo Rodríguez: day-to-day (Back)
- Athletics: JJ Bleday: 10 Day IL (Knee), Austin Pruitt: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Angel Felipe: 15 Day IL (Elbow), James Kaprielian: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Sean Newcomb: 60 Day IL (Knee), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Calf), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Richard Lovelady: 60 Day IL (Arm), Yacksel Ríos: 60 Day IL (Finger)