Table of Contents
The Minnesota Vikings (0-2) host the Los Angeles Chargers (0-2) at U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
The Vikings had the seventh-ranked offense last year (361.5 yards per game), and they were less effective defensively, ranking second-worst with 388.7 yards allowed per game. The Chargers averaged 23 points per game on offense last season (13th in NFL), and they ranked 21st on the other side of the ball with 22.6 points allowed per game.
Vikings vs. Chargers Picks
Splash Inc. users project the Vikings will win straight up and cover against the Chargers, with 63.4% of users picking them to win and 61.5% picking them to cover the 0-point spread on Sunday.
Game Info: Vikings vs. Chargers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
Below are some betting trends and insights if you plan to place a wager on Sunday’s contest between Minnesota and Los Angeles (the spread is currently set as a pick ’em and the total is set at 54 points).
Game Trends for Vikings
- The Vikings compiled a 7-9-1 record against the spread last season.
- The Vikings covered the spread six times last season (6-6-1 ATS) when playing as at least 0-point favorites.
- A total of 11 of the Vikings’ games last season went over the point total.
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings racked up just 2.3 more points per game (24.9) than the Chargers gave up (22.6) last season.
- The Vikings collected 361.5 yards per game last year, just 15.4 more than the 346.1 the Chargers allowed per matchup.
- Last season the Vikings rushed for 48.1 fewer yards per game (97.7) than the Chargers allowed per contest (145.8).
- Last year the Vikings had 23 turnovers, one fewer than the Chargers had takeaways (24).
Best Players for Vikings
- Kirk Cousins: 4,547 PASS YDS / 267.5 YPG / 65.9% / 29 TD / 14 INT
- Cam Akers: 188 CAR / 786 YDS / 52.4 YPG / 7 TD / 13 REC / 117 YDS / 7.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Alexander Mattison: 74 CAR / 283 YDS / 16.6 YPG / 5 TD / 15 REC / 91 YDS / 5.4 YPG / 1 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 128 REC / 1,809 YDS / 106.4 YPG / 8 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 86 REC / 914 YDS / 53.8 YPG / 6 TD
- K.J. Osborn: 60 REC / 650 YDS / 38.2 YPG / 5 TD
- Jordan Hicks: 129 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 INT / 10 PD
Game Trends for Chargers
- Against the spread, the Chargers were 11-5-1 last year.
- The Chargers’ ATS record as underdogs of 0 points or greater was 5-1 last year.
- There were seven Chargers games (out of 17) that went over the total last year.
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers scored just 2.1 fewer points per game (23) than the Vikings allowed (25.1) last season.
- The Chargers collected 29.4 fewer yards per game (359.3) than the Vikings allowed (388.7) per matchup last year.
- Last season the Chargers ran for 33.5 fewer yards per game (89.6) than the Vikings allowed per outing (123.1).
- Last year the Chargers had 19 turnovers, six fewer than the Vikings had takeaways (25).
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 4,739 PASS YDS / 278.8 YPG / 68.2% / 25 TD / 10 INT
- Austin Ekeler: 204 CAR / 915 YDS / 53.8 YPG / 13 TD / 107 REC / 722 YDS / 42.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 69 CAR / 287 YDS / 23.9 YPG / 2 TD / 14 REC / 101 YDS / 8.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Williams: 63 REC / 895 YDS / 68.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Palmer: 72 REC / 769 YDS / 48.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Keenan Allen: 66 REC / 752 YDS / 75.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Eric Kendricks: 137 TKL / 8 TFL / 1 SACK / 6 PD