Table of Contents
The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) meet a familiar opponent when they host the Houston Texans (0-2) on Sunday, September 24, 2023 at TIAA Bank Field in an AFC South clash.
The Jaguars averaged 357.4 yards per game on offense last season, which ranked them 10th in the NFL. Defensively, they ranked 24th, giving up 353.3 yards per game. While the Texans’ defense ranked 27th with 24.7 points allowed per game last season, they were worse on offense, ranking third-worst (17 points per game).
Jaguars vs. Texans Picks
A majority of Splash Inc. users are picking the Texans to win as underdogs against the Jaguars on Sunday (3.5% of users), while 55.7% think the Jaguars will cover as 7.5-point favorites.
Game Info: Jaguars vs. Texans
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
Check out the betting insights and trends below before placing a bet on Sunday’s Jacksonville-Houston spread (Jacksonville -7.5) or total (43.5 points).
Game Trends for Jaguars
- The Jaguars put together an 8-9-0 ATS record last year.
- Last season, eight of the Jaguars’ games went over the point total.
Stats & Insights for Jaguars
- Last year, the Jaguars racked up just 0.9 fewer points per game (23.8) than the Texans surrendered (24.7).
- The Jaguars racked up 22.1 fewer yards per game (357.4) than the Texans gave up per contest (379.5) last year.
- Last year the Jaguars rushed for 45.7 fewer yards per game (124.5) than the Texans allowed per outing (170.2).
- Last year the Jaguars had 22 turnovers, five fewer than the Texans had takeaways (27).
Best Players for Jaguars
- Trevor Lawrence: 4,113 PASS YDS / 241.9 YPG / 66.3% / 25 TD / 8 INT / 62 CAR / 291 RUSH YDS / 5 TD
- Travis Etienne: 220 CAR / 1,125 YDS / 66.2 YPG / 5 TD / 35 REC / 316 YDS / 18.6 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Kirk: 84 REC / 1,108 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 8 TD
- Zay Jones: 82 REC / 823 YDS / 51.4 YPG / 5 TD
- Evan Engram: 73 REC / 766 YDS / 45.1 YPG / 4 TD
- Foyesade Oluokun: 184 TKL / 12 TFL / 2 SACK / 5 PD
Game Trends for Texans
- The Texans’ record against the spread last season was 8-8-1.
- As 7.5-point underdogs or more, the Texans went 4-2 against the spread last season.
- Last season, seven of the Texans’ 17 games hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Texans
- The Texans racked up 3.6 fewer points per game (17) than the Jaguars allowed (20.6) last season.
- The Texans collected 283.5 yards per game last year, 69.8 fewer yards than the 353.3 the Jaguars allowed per outing.
- The Texans rushed for 86.8 yards per game last season, 28 fewer than the 114.8 the Jaguars allowed per contest.
- The Texans turned the ball over 28 times last season, one more turnover than the Jaguars forced (27).
Best Players for Texans
- Dameon Pierce: 220 CAR / 939 YDS / 72.2 YPG / 4 TD / 30 REC / 165 YDS / 12.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Devin Singletary: 177 CAR / 819 YDS / 51.2 YPG / 5 TD / 38 REC / 280 YDS / 17.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 57 REC / 577 YDS / 38.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Robert Woods: 53 REC / 527 YDS / 31 YPG / 2 TD
- Nico Collins: 37 REC / 481 YDS / 48.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Jalen Pitre: 147 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 5 INT / 8 PD