Table of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks (82-74) visit the Chicago White Sox (60-96) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are moneyline favorites (-147) against the underdog White Sox (+126). Arizona’s Zach Davies and Chicago’s Jose Urena will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
How Do I Watch the Diamondbacks vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: NBCS-CHI
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks are 22nd in MLB play with 163 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Arizona has the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.253).
- The Diamondbacks are 13th in MLB with a .323 on-base percentage.
- Arizona’s batters strike out 7.8 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Diamondbacks have hit 83 home runs on the road this season (1.1 per game).
- Arizona is slugging .393 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .242 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona with 158 hits and an OBP of .365, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .511. He’s batting .289.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, he ranks 11th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging.
- Carroll hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .478 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Ketel Marte has 26 doubles, nine triples, 24 home runs and 68 walks. He’s batting .279 and slugging .489 with an on-base percentage of .361.
- Among all qualified hitters, he is 24th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging percentage.
- Christian Walker is batting .262 with a .495 slugging percentage and 97 RBI this year.
- Walker brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .260 with a .310 OBP and 81 RBI for Arizona this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit 165 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- Chicago ranks 24th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The White Sox have an OBP of just .293 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 17th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 75 home contests this season.
- Chicago is slugging .387 in 75 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .243 as a team at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has a slugging percentage of .542 and has 144 hits, both team-best marks for the White Sox. He’s batting .264 and with an on-base percentage of .315.
- He is 60th in batting average, 102nd in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Andrew Vaughn has 29 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 35 walks while batting .262. He’s slugging .434 with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Including all qualifying players, he ranks 70th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Benintendi has racked up an on-base percentage of .328 and a slugging percentage of .360. Both lead the White Sox.
- Eloy Jimenez has 22 doubles, 17 home runs and 29 walks while batting .272.
Diamondbacks vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Zach Davies (ARI)||Pitcher||José Ureña (CHW)|
|2 – 5||W/L||0 – 6|
Diamondbacks vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Diamondbacks: Scott McGough: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Dominic Fletcher: 60 Day IL (Finger), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)
- White Sox: Michael Kopech: 15 Day IL (Knee), Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Gregory Santos: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Jesse Scholtens: 15 Day IL (Calf), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Luis Robert: day-to-day (Knee)