Table of Contents
The Oakland Athletics (48-108) visit the Minnesota Twins (83-73) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Athletics are underdogs (+205) against the favored Twins (-248). Bailey Ober starts for Minnesota, and Paul Blackburn is Oakland’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Athletics?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 222 total home runs.
- Minnesota’s .241 batting average ranks 22nd in the majors.
- The Twins’ .323 on-base percentage is 13th in MLB.
- Minnesota’s 10.3 strikeouts per game are the most in the majors.
- The Twins have hit 114 homers at home this season (1.5 per game).
- Minnesota has a .448 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .248.
Twins Key Batters
- Max Kepler is batting .253 with 21 doubles, two triples, 23 home runs and 42 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .324 and a slugging percentage of .475.
- Willi Castro is batting .252 with 18 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 28 walks, while slugging .413 with an on-base percentage of .326.
- Castro has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is batting .260 with a .466 slugging percentage and 48 RBI this year.
- Polanco brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .217 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Edouard Julien has 14 home runs, 32 RBI and a batting average of .257 this season.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 166 home runs rank 20th in Major League Baseball.
- Oakland has a team batting average of just .223 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Oakland ranks 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 Ks per contest.
- In 75 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 88 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- Oakland is slugging .385 in 75 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .231 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Esteury Ruiz has a slugging percentage of .351, a team-high for the Athletics. He’s batting .256 with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Ruiz heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Brent Rooker’s 107 hits and .327 OBP both lead his team. He has a batting average of .243 while slugging .485.
- He is currently 109th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Tony Kemp is batting .209 with 13 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 44 walks.
- Ryan Noda is batting .232 with 22 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 74 walks.
Twins vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers
|Bailey Ober (MIN)||Pitcher||Paul Blackburn (OAK)|
|7 – 6||W/L||4 – 6|
Twins vs. Athletics Injury Updates
- Twins: Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Joey Gallo: 10 Day IL (Foot), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jovani Moran: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Oliver Ortega: 60 Day IL (Back), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jose Miranda: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Canterino: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Carlos Correa: day-to-day (Foot)
- Athletics: JJ Bleday: 10 Day IL (Knee), Austin Pruitt: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Angel Felipe: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Zach Jackson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), James Kaprielian: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Sean Newcomb: 60 Day IL (Knee), Freddy Tarnok: 60 Day IL (Calf), Drew Rucinski: 60 Day IL (Illness), Richard Lovelady: 60 Day IL (Arm), Yacksel Ríos: 60 Day IL (Finger)