Table of Contents
Marcus Semien will try to get his 100th RBI of the season (he has 98) when the Texas Rangers (88-69) play the Los Angeles Angels (71-87) on Wednesday at 9:38 PM ET. The Rangers are favored (-159) over the Angels (+136). Texas’ Dane Dunning gets the start against Los Angeles’ Griffin Canning.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Angels
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: BSW
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank third in MLB play with 228 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- Texas has the second-best batting average in the majors (.265).
- The Rangers are third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .339.
- Texas strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 16 average in baseball.
- The Rangers average 1.1 homers per game when playing on the road this season (85 total in road contests).
- Texas has a .418 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club averages 9.1 hits per game and is batting .257 on the road this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Semien leads Texas in slugging percentage (.478) thanks to 71 extra-base hits. He has a .277 batting average and an on-base percentage of .349.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 29th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage, and 36th in slugging.
- Semien hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, three home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Corey Seager leads Texas with 151 hits and an OBP of .392 this season. He’s batting .330 and slugging .638.
- He is fourth in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and second in slugging in the major leagues.
- Seager has picked up a hit in seven straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .205 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has collected 131 base hits, an OBP of .325 and a slugging percentage of .502 this season.
- Nate Lowe is batting .266 with a .363 OBP and 81 RBI for Texas this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 226 homers this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Los Angeles’ .246 batting average ranks 18th in the majors this season.
- The Angels have an OBP of .317 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- Los Angeles is a team with a lot of swing and miss this season, ranking 28th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 119 homers, an average of 1.5 per game, in 77 home contests this season.
- Los Angeles has a team slugging percentage of .432 in home games this season with 246 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .237 as a team at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Brandon Drury is batting .262 with 28 doubles, three triples, 24 home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .488 with an on-base percentage of .306.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he is 71st in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 119th and he is 27th in slugging.
- Randal Grichuk is hitting .273 with 30 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 29 walks. He’s slugging .462 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Mike Moustakas is batting .252 with 15 doubles, 12 home runs and 23 walks.
- Zach Neto is hitting .225 with 16 doubles, nine home runs and 17 walks.
Rangers vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Dane Dunning (TEX)||Pitcher||Griffin Canning (LAA)|
|11 – 6||W/L||7 – 7|
Rangers vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Rangers: Max Scherzer: 15 Day IL (Triceps ), Josh Sborz: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corey Seager: day-to-day (Forearm)
- Angels: C.J. Cron: 10 Day IL (Back), Mickey Moniak: 10 Day IL (Back), Shohei Ohtani: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Patrick Sandoval: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Tyler Anderson: 15 Day IL (Knee), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day IL (Shin), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Kyren Paris: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Mike Trout: 60 Day IL (Hand), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Luis Rengifo: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chase Silseth: 7 Day IL (Head), Nolan Schanuel: day-to-day (Knee)