Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (74-83) host the Kansas City Royals (54-103) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Tigers are favored on the moneyline (-207) against the underdog Royals (+174). Tarik Skubal starts for Detroit while Kansas City will counter with Jonathan Bowlan.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
How Do I Watch the Tigers vs. the Royals?
- TV Channel: BSDET
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 158 home runs this season, the fifth-lowest total in MLB action.
- Detroit is 28th in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Tigers’ .302 on-base percentage is the fourth-worst in MLB.
- Detroit’s 9.2 strikeouts per game rank 23rd in baseball.
- The Tigers average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (71 total in home outings).
- Detroit is slugging .376 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .240 with 610 hits (eight per game) at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Spencer Torkelson has 137 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .444, both of which are best among Detroit hitters this season. He has a .234 batting average and an on-base percentage of .314.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average ranks 118th, his on-base percentage ranks 105th, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Torkelson has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with two doubles, a walk and five RBI.
- Kerry Carpenter is batting .288 with 17 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 29 walks. He’s slugging .490 with an on-base percentage of .346.
- Carpenter heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with three doubles and a walk.
- Matt Vierling has 119 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .326.
- Zach McKinstry is batting .230 with a .301 OBP and 33 RBI for Detroit this season.
- McKinstry takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two doubles and an RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals’ 156 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- Kansas City ranks 20th in MLB with a .243 team batting average.
- The Royals have an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- Kansas City ranks 15th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 79 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 74 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- Kansas City is slugging .373 in 79 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has put up a slugging percentage of .494 and has 172 hits, both team-high figures for the Royals. He’s batting .277 and with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, he is 29th in batting average, 91st in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging percentage.
- Salvador Perez is batting .254 with 20 doubles, 22 home runs and 18 walks. He’s slugging .420 with an on-base percentage of .293.
- Including all qualifying players, he is 88th in batting average, 126th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage.
- Maikel Garcia a has .327 on-base percentage to pace the Royals.
- MJ Melendez is batting .231 with 28 doubles, five triples, 15 home runs and 59 walks.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers
|Tarik Skubal (DET)||Pitcher||Jonathan Bowlan (KC)|
|7 – 3||W/L||0 – 0|
Tigers vs. Royals Injury Updates
- Tigers: Matt Manning: 15 Day IL (Foot), Mason Englert: 15 Day IL (Hip), Andrew Vasquez: 15 Day IL (Calf), Alex Faedo: 15 Day IL (Finger), Matthew Boyd: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Alexander: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Riley Greene: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Meadows: 60 Day IL (Anxiety), Casey Mize: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Freddy Pacheco: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Royals: Brady Singer: 15 Day IL (Lumbar strain), Brad Keller: 15 Day IL (Thoracic outlet syndrome), John McMillon: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Daniel Lynch: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Josh Taylor: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Vinnie Pasquantino: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Freddy Fermin: 60 Day IL (Finger), Kris Bubic: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Austin Cox: 60 Day IL (Knee), Josh Staumont: 60 Day IL (Neck), Jake Brentz: 60 Day IL (Elbow)