Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (88-69) will aim to keep a six-game win streak going when they host the Pittsburgh Pirates (74-83) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-131) over the Pirates (+111). Philadelphia’s Ranger Suarez and Pittsburgh’s Johan Oviedo pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
How Do I Watch the Phillies vs. the Pirates?
- TV Channel: NBCS-PH
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are ninth-best in baseball with 213 total home runs.
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Phillies rank eighth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
- Philadelphia strikes out 9.1 times per game, the No. 22 mark in MLB.
- The Phillies have hit 113 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- Philadelphia is averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .454 at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .264.
Phillies Key Batters
- Trea Turner is batting .263 with 33 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 45 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .316 while slugging .454.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, his batting average ranks 67th, his on-base percentage ranks 100th, and he is 60th in slugging.
- Turner hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .111 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has 19 doubles, a triple, 45 home runs and 124 walks. He’s batting .196 and slugging .469 with an on-base percentage of .343.
- He is 134th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Alec Bohm is batting .277 with a .439 slugging percentage and 95 RBI this year.
- Bryson Stott is batting .281 with a .329 OBP and 61 RBI for Philadelphia this season.
- Stott takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 159 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- Pittsburgh ranks 25th in MLB with a .238 team batting average.
- The Pirates have the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.314).
- Pittsburgh ranks 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of nine Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 79 road contests this season.
- In 79 road games this season, it is slugging .401 with 250 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .233 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has a team-best slugging percentage (.470) while pacing the Pirates in hits (148). He’s batting .267 and with an on-base percentage of .334.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, his batting average places him 55th, his on-base percentage is 56th, and he is 42nd in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 29 doubles, seven triples, 15 home runs and 28 walks while batting .273. He’s slugging .457 with an on-base percentage of .312.
- Including all qualifying hitters, he ranks 40th in batting average, 108th in on-base percentage and 56th in slugging percentage.
- Jack Suwinski a has .340 on-base percentage to pace the Pirates.
- Connor Joe is hitting .234 with 28 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 47 walks.
Phillies vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|4 – 6||W/L||9 – 14|
Phillies vs. Pirates Injury Updates
- Phillies: Rhys Hoskins: 60 Day IL (Acl)
- Pirates: Bailey Falter: 15 Day IL (Neck), Colin Holderman: 15 Day IL (Undisclosed), Vince Velásquez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Angel Perdomo: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Oneil Cruz: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Tucupita Marcano: 60 Day IL (Knee), Andrew McCutchen: 60 Day IL (Achilles), Jarlin García: 60 Day IL (Arm), JT Brubaker: 60 Day IL (Elbow)