Table of Contents
The Miami Dolphins (3-0) bring a three-game winning streak into a matchup with the Buffalo Bills (2-1) on Sunday, October 1, 2023 at Highmark Stadium.
The Bills rank seventh in total offense this season (383.3 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on defense, ranking second-best in the NFL with 383.3 yards allowed per game. The Dolphins’ offense has been consistently moving the chains, racking up 550.3 total yards per contest (best) this season. Defensively, they rank 23rd by giving up 361.3 total yards per game.
Bills vs. Dolphins Picks
Splash Inc. users project the Dolphins will win straight up as underdogs and also cover against the Bills, with 52.3% of users picking them to win and 60.0% picking them to cover the 2.5-point spread on Sunday.
Game Info: Bills vs. Dolphins
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Orchard Park, New York
- Stadium: Highmark Stadium
Here’s a look at some betting trends for Buffalo (-2.5) versus Miami on Sunday. The total has been set at 53.5 points for this game.
Game Trends for Bills
- The Bills is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 2.5-point favorites this season, the Bills are 2-1 against the spread.
- Out of the Bills’ three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Bills
- The Bills own the seventh-ranked offense this year (383.3 yards per game), and they’ve been even better on defense, ranking second-best with only 253 yards allowed per game.
- The Bills have been a tough matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both scoring offense (second-best with 30.3 points per game) and scoring defense (second-best with 11.7 points allowed per game) this season.
- The Bills own the 12th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (234 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking third-best with only 142.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Bills are compiling 149.3 rushing yards per game on offense (seventh in the NFL), and they rank 14th on the other side of the ball with 110.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Bills rank seventh in third-down defense this year (31% third-down percentage allowed), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking best in the NFL with a 51.2% third-down conversion rate.
- The Bills rank ninth in offensive yards per play (5.7) and 26th in yards per play allowed (5.8) this year.
- The Bills have the third-best turnover margin in the NFL at +4, forcing nine turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over five times (21st in NFL).
Best Players for Bills
- Josh Allen: 728 PASS YDS / 242.7 YPG / 72.7% / 5 TD / 4 INT / 12 CAR / 89 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Cook: 44 CAR / 267 YDS / 89 YPG / 0 TD / 10 REC / 67 YDS / 22.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Stefon Diggs: 25 REC / 279 YDS / 93 YPG / 1 TD
- Gabriel Davis: 9 REC / 159 YDS / 53 YPG / 2 TD
- Dalton Kincaid: 11 REC / 72 YDS / 24 YPG / 0 TD
- Terrel Bernard: 24 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 INT / 2 PD
Game Trends for Dolphins
- The Dolphins have gone 3-0-0 ATS this year.
- The Dolphins are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- Out of theDolphins’ three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins’ offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 550.3 total yards per game. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 361.3 total yards per game, which ranks 23rd.
- The Dolphins’ offense has been thriving, putting up 43.3 points per contest (best) this season. Defensively, they rank 21st by giving up 23.7 points per game.
- The Dolphins’ pass offense has been excelling, putting up 362 passing yards per game (best) this season. On defense, they rank 20th by allowing 231.3 passing yards per game.
- The Dolphins’ run offense has been excelling, compiling 188.3 rushing yards per contest (best) this season. On defense, they rank 24th by allowing 130 rushing yards per game.
- With a 46.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Dolphins rank seventh in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 23rd, giving up a 45.2% third-down rate.
- The Dolphins’ defense ranks 16th in the NFL with 5.6 yards surrendered per play, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks best by racking up 8.4 yards per play.
- The Dolphins sport a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks ninth in the NFL.
Best Players for Dolphins
- Tua Tagovailoa: 1,024 PASS YDS / 341.3 YPG / 71.3% / 8 TD / 2 INT
- Raheem Mostert: 41 CAR / 240 YDS / 80 YPG / 6 TD / 10 REC / 79 YDS / 26.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Devon Achane: 19 CAR / 208 YDS / 104 YPG / 2 TD / 5 REC / 34 YDS / 17 YPG / 2 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 25 REC / 412 YDS / 137.3 YPG / 4 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 8 REC / 164 YDS / 82 YPG / 0 TD
- Braxton Berrios: 7 REC / 103 YDS / 34.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Jevon Holland: 33 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 PD